Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to Clarks Hill

lnlsacres Guest

Default New to Clarks Hill

Looking for some help. My brother and I are new to crappie fishing and have access to boats at CH, Oconnee and Sinclair. Any help on these lakes (locations, colors etc.) would be helpful. We are hoping to figure this all out so we can join you guys in the tournaments. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Clarks Hill-

Hello Inlsacres, Welcome to Georgia Crappie.Com, I am in Savannah and can't help you, But Drill Instructer fishes Clark Hill a lot and can help you out there ,Also Ga. Boy fishes Sinclair and some of the other anglers in that area also . I am sure they will be happy to help you as soon as they see your post. Again welcome, Hope you enjoy your time here at this site and good luck! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lnlsacres
    Looking for some help. My brother and I are new to crappie fishing and have access to boats at CH, Oconnee and Sinclair. Any help on these lakes (locations, colors etc.) would be helpful. We are hoping to figure this all out so we can join you guys in the tournaments. Thanks for the help.
    I might be able to give you a little guidance on Sinclair and/or Oconee.....what type of fishing do you do.....fast trolling, tight-lining, etc.???
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I can help you on the Hill
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

lnlsacres Guest

Default thanks

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. We're going up to the hill with my dad on sat morning, looks like it's gonna be windy. Any suggestions? We had been trying fast trolling but thought we'd try tight lining and drop casting this time.
    Should we use minnows with the water still being colder or can we get away with jigs? Like I said, this is all new to us. Thanks again.

lnlsacres Guest

Default maps

Quote Originally Posted by drill instructor
    I can help you on the Hill
    We usually put in at Fort Gordon Rec. We only have 1/2 day to fish, any ideas from there?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lnlsacres
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses. We're going up to the hill with my dad on sat morning, looks like it's gonna be windy. Any suggestions? We had been trying fast trolling but thought we'd try tight lining and drop casting this time.
    Should we use minnows with the water still being colder or can we get away with jigs? Like I said, this is all new to us. Thanks again.
    Drill Instructor has the Hill information for you to follow......he fishes there regularly.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

lnlsacres Guest

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GABoy
    I might be able to give you a little guidance on Sinclair and/or Oconee.....what type of fishing do you do.....fast trolling, tight-lining, etc.???
    My dad has a place on sinclair. I think it's on murder creek. We would love some guidance for there as well. We mainly ski on oconnee but when we go there we put in at sugar creek. Never fished it, I'm sure I should!