Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trolling/spider rig

Crappiehigh Guest

Default trolling/spider rig

I would like to know the law on the number of poles per person trolling with spider rig. (corp lakes) I could not find it on mdwfp.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigs

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a limit on number of poles for spider rigging. It's sorta limited by how many you can realistically take care of if the fish are biting! I have talked to the Game and Fish people about the boats that seem to have a pole mounted every foot around the entire rig and they say no laws are being broken as long as the creel limits per person are observed.

Crappiehigh Guest

Default spider rigs

Quote Originally Posted by Pops
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a limit on number of poles for spider rigging. It's sorta limited by how many you can realistically take care of if the fish are biting! I have talked to the Game and Fish people about the boats that seem to have a pole mounted every foot around the entire rig and they say no laws are being broken as long as the creel limits per person are observed.
    Appreciate your reply. I usually fan out 6 and as you say, that is all you can manage if you got action.