Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate crappie condo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ultimate crappie condo

If you want to see the ultimate crappie condo, go to my map imagery site and part way down on the left is AquaVu - Stills - Video's. Go into Videos and watch inside looking out. Then watch Patrolling out side 1 to see why the inside.

www.accuemap.com

WarrenMN
    I fish, therefore I am

Post Thanks / Like

man that is sick!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Now that was some awesome stuff!! what was that structure?

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Watched the video ....

of the Bluegill hanging over top of the sunken boat ... but, I seriously doubt the accuracy of the "depth" reading. Don't think ANY AquaVu camera can light up that much water at over 200ft deep, and doubt there'd be any Bluegill/water weeds down that deep either :D
    It was interesting though, that the fish were suspended "above" the boat ... rather than beside it. I find Crappie to do the same thing ... guess they're just using it as a point of reference. They didn't seem to want to leave, either, even after repeated camera/boat collisions. :p

Missing Codec wouldn't allow me to view the other videos ... and I'm not up to adding any on my computer. If it don't automatically play on Windows Media Player ... I don't watch it I ain't much for "plug-ins" ... especially when all they add is sound.

.. cp

Post Thanks / Like

The depth was messed up after after I let the pole I had the camera on slide through my fingers and smack the bottom kind for hard. That or I didn't get the water out and some water in the sensor froze that night. I'll have to see about getting it fixed.
    I don't know where your from but up here when the lakes freeze over in the winter we have shacks we put out on the ice to fish out of. We think this was a very large one that was made out of steel roofing material or siding, one of the guys use to see out in that area. The last couple years we had some warm spells where the sun hitting the south and west sides of the shacks warmed it up so much the ice on those sides would completely melt if you didn't keep moving them. My bet is this one was so heavy they didn't and paid the price. Usually we only make them maybe seven feet tall but this one is in the range of ten to eleven, don't ask me why. The sonar shows the bottom to be 19 feet in one corner and the top/bottom of the shack is less than nine. Length and width on average are around 8X8 but this one looks to be bigger. The one way I know at least part of it is steel is when I was trying to get the camera inside with the pole I had the camera looking down and saw the runners were square and hollow. Inside it looks like every thing is still in there so it must have gone down fast. Lucky for me it flipped over 180 degrees and landed on its top so the holes in the floor to fish through are on top now. Thats where some of the light is coming in. Other openings, there are so many fish they block the light. In the one side scan screen capture you can see the windows on the side that were in the video where I turned the camera around to find that muskie looking at it.
    The guys are laughing calling it a real "fish" house now. I'm more thinking of it as a muskie food dispenser. Hope you enjoyed it.
    There are still frames up too from the video's for those that are still on dial up.

Warren Parsons AKA WarrenMN
    Forest Lake, MN
    I fish, therefore I am

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiepappy, are you using Vista? So far all the people that haven't been able to open the fish house videos have been using Vista. The boat was MPG but that format is seven to eight times as large of files of the exact same thing. I just happen to collect the boat by hooking the camera to the laptop, but it sure is a lot clearer format.

WarrenMN
    I fish, therefore I am

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using Vista and I couldn't view it.
    sethook

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat on bottom of lake

I could view this one. It was amazing. Is the depth of 212' correct and was that crappie?Thanks
    sethook

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above.......

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Yes, Warren ...

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenMN
    Crappiepappy, are you using Vista? So far all the people that haven't been able to open the fish house videos have been using Vista. The boat was MPG but that format is seven to eight times as large of files of the exact same thing. I just happen to collect the boat by hooking the camera to the laptop, but it sure is a lot clearer format.
    WarrenMN
    I am using Vista Home Premium

I got the gist of what was going on, from the stills.

I figured the depth reading (boat video) had to be skewered :D for some reason !!

I think, if I was a Bluegill ... and a Muskie was close ... I'd stay "in the house" too :p

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I changed things around a bit so those that can't watch the videos can see whats going on. Make sure to first refresh the window when you get to my main page. Some times your browser stores things to speed up stuff, that arrow going in a circle up top. On my main page I made the Stills go to a its own page and put more captures on a second page in that. I can only put so many per page. I also added a couple from a video thats too large to put on my site. There was a walleye hunting behind the muskie but I couldn't get both in the lens at the same time.

WarrenMN
    I fish, therefore I am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast