Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Survivor - Crappie Island

algonzo Guest

Default Survivor - Crappie Island

If you were going on some survivor show and the island is completely sarounded with crappie and you were told that you can only bring only one rod and three lures/jig setups.

What rod would that be and what lures / jig setups?

Post Thanks / Like

I would bring a spinning jig rod and reel with 6lb. test line and ask Fatboy what I'd use for bait. jigs jigs jigs Mainly tube jigs and bass assassins

Post Thanks / Like

My 6-6" W.m. Rod With Spinning Reel<1/32-1/16-1/8 Oz Jigheads. 2" Squirmin Squirts In Bloody Minnow& Chart/white,and Black/chart!!!good Fishin To Ya!!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

wouldn't do me a bit of good,If I couldn't bring my cook with me.>>>>Bentpole

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd bring my 6'6" WM rod and a spinning reel. But I'd bring two 1/16 jigheads w/ a yellow and charteuse tube, a black and chart. tube, and a slipfloat.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

i`d bring my 10ft b&m with a okmua 15 hx a 1/16 jig head and some kalins 2" john deere green curly tail grubs
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Wizard rod, no doubt!

I would want a Richard Williams 10' Rod with a Mitchell Avocet reel, my jigs would be Teezurs, tube colors Black/Chart, Pink/White, and Red/Chart. I'd also sneek a container of crappie nibbles and a package of JB weld in my back pocket.
    Last edited by CohuttaCrappie; 03-08-2005 at 07:47 PM.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

algonzo Guest

Good info guys... This pretty much tells me some of the top choices and some "Must Haves" for my beginner crappie arsenal.

Keep them comming.....thanks

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow my choices would be ...

my 7ft Sam Heaton Sig Series rod/Mitchell Spidercast spinning reel/6lb Iron Silk ........my three lures would be: 1/16oz Chartreuse Roadrunner - 1/16oz P&S Tackle weedless jighead with a 1.5in Sparkle Squirt tube jig in Electric Blue/Chartreuse - 1/16oz Oldham's Surelock Weedless Crappie jighead and a Panfish Assassin Tiny Shad in Electric Chicken. .................cp