Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rude people ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rude people ?

You judge. Was fishing on a ledge, I have never seen anyone fish it before except me & a friend of mine,Anyway had out 2 bouy markers about 50 yards apart,plan was to work the ledge between the markers,When here came a boat he threw out a marker about 15-20 yards from mine pulled up closer to mine then threw out his anchor,Not one time did they cast toward theirs,Threw to mine the whole time.
    Is that rude or what would you have done? Mark,,

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you own the lake there is not much you can really do! I agree 100% with your feelings on this 1, but you can't controll what others will do. If it were me I would just leave, fire up the big motor and make like a bakery truck. The route in which you choose to make your departure is up to you, also tell every body that will listen what happened and include a description. On the other hand they may not even known what they were doing! I was fishing a dock when another boat showed and meandered around til he got an invite, not a prob.
    Stinkies Daddy

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just last spring the same thing happened to me. I took my brother and his buddy to a lake they dont fish often or well. I do. So i found some fish and threw the bouy out and was trolling and casting and hammering the fish. A boat with 3 guys pulls up and drops their anchor within casting distance of my marker. First i ask them, nicely, that i found these fish, how about finding your own. They ignored me so i pulled my boat between them and my marker and held it there while my brother fished. 15 minutes goes by and the guys pulled up anchor and moved around to the other side of my marker. So i pulled in between them and my marker and again told them to find their own fish. After another 15 or 20 minutes and my brother still catching fish every cast, the guys finally pull anchor and leave. I know it's public water. It's a big lake. They should have to work just as hard as i did to find a school of slabs. Next time someone does that to you, do what i did. Dont be imtimidated by others, especially after YOU worked hard to find a good spot. I dont mind sharing a spot with a friend that i invite to join in but i wont get bogarted by anyone.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Been a long time since I heard bogarted Chaunc. There are some very rude and mean spitited people out there these days. Be careful, if they are that rude, they are probably packing heat too. There are some real fools out there with boat rage and no class.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

i wont get bogarted by anyone. Bogated
    thats funny right there

they are probably packing heat too.

I pack heat also, but only cuz I dont wanna be killed for lack of being able to shoot back!
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

That's a tough situation I'll admit.50 test line on a daredevil casted over their line ,then ooops I caught you !
    Sorry.......A few times of that should be enough to get them to move.

Post Thanks / Like

That would tick me off as well. A fella should never move into another fellas fishin spot unless he is properly invited, public lake or not.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No doubt it was a rude act but you probably did the right thing by just moving. Fishing is supposed to be a fun relaxing outing and getting all heated over a fishing spot wont do anything but make for a bad day. I know...been there and done that. As bad as it is that you did all the work and found the fish some people just dont get it.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41
    Been a long time since I heard bogarted Chaunc. There are some very rude and mean spitited people out there these days. Be careful, if they are that rude, they are probably packing heat too. There are some real fools out there with boat rage and no class.
    Ship, no dis-respect to anyone, but these were Amish guys at Mosquito lake. But as upset as i was, it wouldn't have mattered who it was. Bentpole, stay tough.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Chaunc, there are lots of fish and places to fish without fishing where someone else has done thier homework and found a good spot. I was fishing a bass tourney on Lanier this year and was on some good topwater fish when another boat fishing the same tourney saw the fish comming up and stoped and started casting to them well I threw out my big spook and caught his line and he said you crossed my line, well i jerked hard as I COULD(trying to rip the rod out of his hands) and told him that if he was close enough for me to cross thats to close.Rules stated you can not fish within 100 yards of another boat, and this guy was a well know tournment fisherman.Good holes are to hard to find just to get run off of, I will allways stand my ground....Dennis
    Last edited by DENNIS WILLIS; 11-24-2007 at 11:26 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast