Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for Cane Pole, Richard Williams or Anyone else that knows KY lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for Cane Pole, Richard Williams or Anyone else that knows KY lake

I was reading the new Crappie World Magazine and there was an article about KY Lake Crappie fishing in there. Someone said that the lake was getting cleaner due to zebra mussles and that there was more aquatic submergent (underwater) vegetation (GRASS or WEEDS).

Do you guys see or find submergent weed bed in KY lake in the Big Sandy Area.

I am wondering if Big Sandy is murkier than the area by the KY Lake Damn where the lake is generally much deeper and maybe clearer and less turbid.

Anyone else that is familar with KY lake please feel free to help answer this question.

I sure wish that the KY Conservation and Fish and Wildlife Guys would be posting in here like they did on the old message board. We seem to have lost Ryan when Ed made the switch to the log in requirements for this new forum.

Wish someone would talk to them and point them to www.crappie.com and have them join us in here more often. Or maybe they frequent the www.fishin.com forums still. It may have been there that I remember them posting about the KY lake crappie migration study that they were conducting on KY lake. They did that due to the question of whether there were more black crappie in KY lake than had been there in the past. Seems that their traps were catching more black crappie than in the past yet the fishing surveys showed that fishermen were catching more white crappie than black. But they also claimed that maybe some guys can't tell the two speices apart and that could have effected the fishermen survey results and biased it towards more White than Black crappie reported caught.

I guess I want to know if there are any weed bed that can be fish in Big Sandy? Never saw weed bed in KY lake back in the 1960's or 1970's or 1980's from what I can remember. But then I fished Shannon Creek and Cypress Bay back then and didn't get to Big Sandy but one time to visit by boat. Didn't fish Big Sandy ever until the first Teezer Fishing Tournament. Big Sandy is such a huge area compared to little old Cypress Bay. LOL
    Regards,

Moose1am

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Moose ....

my reply to this is on the Ky board forum ..............cp

Post Thanks / Like

OK I posted it in both questions hoping for an answer. Guess Cane Pole must have missed this thread or didn't have time this morning to answer me. LOL

Thanks Crappiepappy. I am heading to the KY board now

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    my reply to this is on the Ky board forum ..............cp
    Regards,

Moose1am