Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bimini tops

Post Thanks / Like

Default bimini tops

My wife wants me to add a bimini top to my bass tracker 185. I have looked at several websites and done the research. It seems these things aren't very compatable with aluminium bass boats. Anyone out there have a bass boat with a bimini on it? How well does it work for you and how much room does it take up for storage when not in use? Thanks for any input anyone has.

Post Thanks / Like

Talk here into one of those umbrellas that attach to the back of your seats. Those are less expensive and work to keep the shade on your head.

www.pro-techt.com

Not sure about the bimini top you are talking about. Hopefully someone else will respond to that question.

Just remember that a top like that or the umbrella for that matter will act like a sail in the wind and make boat control harder to a degree.

I built my own umbrella holder out of 3" PVC plastic pipes and T fittings combined with some 1/5" PVC pipe. They are connected to the 3" diameter pedistal on my front bass seat.

Quote Originally Posted by tool
    My wife wants me to add a bimini top to my bass tracker 185. I have looked at several websites and done the research. It seems these things aren't very compatable with aluminium bass boats. Anyone out there have a bass boat with a bimini on it? How well does it work for you and how much room does it take up for storage when not in use? Thanks for any input anyone has.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Tool the top on my toon is so idiotically easy that you could easily make one yourself with conduit and dog ear connectors.I know a guy who might make the fabric part of it for pretty cheap.BUT ,if your time is precious and fleeting like mine I understand trying to find a ready made version.If your'e interested I'll make a rudimentary sketch for you.I know Cspen was looking for the same thing a while back but haven't heard from him in a little while so dont know what the outcome was for him.I know he said the store bought ones were steep in price.Good luck with it.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Default deck umbrella...

Quote Originally Posted by tool
    ..I made a device similar to Moose...installed pedestal seat base behind seat on front of boat..then got adjustable seat pole for bike-type seat with pin in it..got inexspensive deck umbrella..pole of umbrella will fit over adj.seat pole bottom section..cut pole of umbrella to right height, drill hole size of pin in said pole and presto-chango you have shade and umbrella won't blow off boat..I've got 8' dia. umbrella ..when not in use crank closed and store on floor of boat..takes up little room and can be taken on/off boat easy..got couple umbrellas in fall on sale $5-10..cheap alternative works good...my $.02
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

Default cajun bimini

Down here we used 1/2 or 3/4 inch galvanized pipe, made a square frame using pipe fittings ; t's, 90's, unions, floor flanges, etc. Adder riser pipes to desired height, but remember the higher the more unbalanced in wind; as said before. Purchase a plastic tarp and tie it to the top of frame. Attach the floor flanges to the deck, and attach the risers with unions at top; ties frame to risers.
    This aids in take down. :D unions on frame/risers, take off frame/tarp, unscrew risers, save.

IMPORTANT : this is for blocking the sun while trawling, IF; you are getting this for your wife don't use this model !!!!! Bbeaux

Post Thanks / Like

i have umbrella mounts at several locations in my boat, and carry the umbrellas in storage. they work great for knocking the hot sun off of you. im enclosing a photo of the umbrella mounted, and the way i have the mount hooked to the boat. this is adjustable for any angle you want and you can block the sun no matter how high or how low it is. a half inch bolt is mounted in a piece of 3/4 in conduit, then a piece of half inch conduit is slid in the bigger conduit, cut to the height you want the umbrella. the umbrellas big rubber handle is removed so the shaft will slide into the conduit. use a small cord to tie the umbrella to the conduit to keep the wind from taking it away from you.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Tool ....

take a look here - http://www.biminitop.net/index.cgi/a...r.Tracker.html - and see if they have what you're looking for (if you haven't already checked this site out).

My partners Tracker Tx175 has a Bimini top. It has railings that the side poles slide in ... and when folded down and covered, it just lays across the back deck (between the rear pedestal seat and motor). We've never really used it ... but we did open it up once during a light shower -- more to check out how easy/hard it would be to fish with it up, than to shelter us from the rain. It did catch wind, and made boat control a little tough ... tougher than it normally is in that boat (which is bad enough ...LOL!!) I don't know exactly where he purchased it ... but I'll ask him, next time I talk to him. He may have purchased it from BPS ... or he could have had a custom job - not sure. ..............cp
    Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I plugged in a search on Ebay and got several that may work for you. Percher
    http://search.ebay.com/Bimini-top_W0QQfromZR40QQsojsZ1

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks for all the input

Thanks for the suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

With a 2, 3 or 4 bow Bimini top boat the rated top speed is 40 knots (44 mph) fully opened, with a T-Top Bimini the rated top speed in 17 knots (20 mph) fully opened. Yes, obviously you can consider the Kemimoto Stores online to have that for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast