Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Patoka Lake Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Patoka Lake Crappie

Well it's March 8th now and I wonder if anyone has fished Patoka lake for Crappie this year? If it stays warm like it was the last few days it may be an early spring. But then again it can snow the third week of April in Southern IN.

I have been holed up all winter long reading magazines and working on my computer and trying to stay nice and warm.

I have to take the old carpet off the front of my boat now. After 25 years is starting to fall apart and I can see the aluminum deck below the carpet. I have to unbolt 6 bolts on my bass chair's Base and take that off and remove some trim aluminum. I have to remove the mounting for the flush deck hatch door that is recessed into the front deck. I have to remove a few cleats that I screwed onto the front deck and then remove a mounting plate made out of oak wood that I use to mount my depth finder on the front deck. Then I have to scrap or clean all the old carpet off the deck and clean the aluminium skin that covers the wood deck. I need to get some carpet that matches the rest of the boat (brown indoor outdoor carpet) and then find some glue and make a pattern of the deck out of paper. Cut the carpet and glue it into place and then remount everything. I may have someone do this job for me but then again I need to save money. I could just glue a patch of carpet down where the trolling motor's foot pedal rests as the only functional reason for replacing the carpet on the front deck it to make the foot pedal not move around so much! LOL

I wonder if I can get all this done before the crappie start spawning at patoka?

Oh and I need to tear into my live well and find out where the hose is leaking. Only problem is I can't see any screws or bolts that could be removed to take the live well apart to get to the hose connections. I can't figure out how Fishermarine put my live well together without any screws showing. The boads that were used to construct the box around the plastic live well are covered with vinyl. So the screw heads must be under the vinyl trim but then how did they screw the thing together with the vinyl over the screw heads. It appears that the wood panels were covered before they were installed. Only thing I can determine is that they may have been glued into place around the plastic well. If that is the case then maybe I can pry them off and reglue them later. I need to make sure that there are no screws holding things together or I am in big trouble. I will have to rebuilt the entire box again and put new vinyl trim on it to match all the other trim on the seats etc.

It's a pain in the ass having a 25 year old boat these days but it's the best that I can get right now. I feel lucky to have a boat that runs these days.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Moose, I dont care if the fish are hitting or not or even if it's cold you really really need to go fishin, you have entirely too much alone time with your computer.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Amen

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be fishing soon enough. But I will make the decision of when to go and when to get on the computer

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    Moose, I dont care if the fish are hitting or not or even if it's cold you really really need to go fishin, you have entirely too much alone time with your computer.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    I'll be fishing soon enough. But I will make the decision of when to go and when to get on the computer
    It is a free country, just pokin a little fun at ya moose.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

OK mate. No offense taken. If it fun then I am ok with that!

Been trying to get back on a daytime schedule and was grouchy yesterday morning. I had been on the all night schedule and that was killing me. I finally got to where I could stay up until around 7 pm last night and this is the first good nights sleep that I got in a while. I woke up today at 5 am. Now that is the kind of schedule I am going to try to maintain. Go to bed early and get up at around 5 am. Perfect for going fishing. LOL

It will be getting warm soon and I hope to get the boat ready to hit the lakes when it warms up just a tad more. It's snowing here right now.

It is a free country, just pokin a little fun at ya moose.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I've done the night shift and it sucks, never could get adjusted.I feel for ya moose the snow thing isnt perfect fishin weather.it isnt snowing here but the wind is 40 mph today and cold but tommorrow its supposed to be 65 and sunny.i will either fish here or a buddy and i are going to mississippi either tonight or monday, the weather there is 65 plus with night time lows in the upper 40s sounds good dont it? Good luck with your boat if i were closer i would help ya.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate Good luck on your trip to Mississippi. Those guys down south have it made in the shade with all that nice weather they get almost all winter long. hehe. I am talking about Jerry Blake and the Peanut guy down in Miss. LOL

They have been catching fish all winter long. I don't think their lakes get below 50 deg F.

I am going to have to find out what to use to get the old carpet glue off the deck of my boat. I may end up just using some acetone but I won't be doing that near any hot sources or flames. One mistake and Poof there goes the carpet, glue and the boat. LOL

I found some carpet at Cabelas that may work and they sell some carpet glue in a big bucket. I can go to a local carpet store and get that stuff a lot cheaper though. I can do the work inside my garage. I have two portable electric heaters that I can use to heat the garage until it's time to get the acetone out. Then I need some nice 60 deg F plus weather to do that job outside.

I've done the night shift and it sucks, never could get adjusted.I feel for ya moose the snow thing isnt perfect fishin weather.it isnt snowing here but the wind is 40 mph today and cold but tommorrow its supposed to be 65 and sunny.i will either fish here or a buddy and i are going to mississippi either tonight or monday, the weather there is 65 plus with night time lows in the upper 40s sounds good dont it? Good luck with your boat if i were closer i would help ya.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Moose you don't have a wireless connection to the internet on your boat do you?????