Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mounting transducer 997SI

Post Thanks / Like

Default mounting transducer 997SI

I have a couple questions for you guys with the Hum 997si . Ive got a 17 ft. aluminum boat , would I be better to mount the transducer for the 997 on the trolling motor or on the transum? keep in mind the rivets on an aluminum boat really messes with most transducer readings ? send help I got the big one. Thanks In advance

Post Thanks / Like

I'd put it on the transom. Thats where most are mounted. But it wouldn't hurt to make a bracket for the TM and see how it works. If you do report back and let us no. I have a f-glass boat so I don't know about the rivets but I can't see interference at slow speeds..Good luck
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine on an aluminum boat with ribs and rivets, Just mount it so it is not behind a row of them or a rib.

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine mounted on transom of both my aluminum boats and don't have a problem at high speeds.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

mount it on transom. tm mounted wont work right
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

like crappieday said"I have mine on an aluminum boat with ribs and rivets, Just mount it so it is not behind a row of them or a rib.
    that is how mine is, also works great, of course I cheated finding the spot as I have one of those temporary/perament ducer clamp on brackets from Bass pro about 30$ used this to find perfect spot & depth before drilling holes. Have the clamp on thing so I could transfer units between boats. To mount on troller I believe you have to exchange your transducer(unused) for a different style to fit troller motor.
    Last edited by jaxsprat; 11-21-2007 at 10:59 PM.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting

Here is picture of way to mount the transducer that I found on another site (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaging/). Would not have to put any hole inf glass or rivets in metal with this arrangement. Note this person has two transducers for his SI unit-has the quad-beam tranducer mounted to the boat and the Side Imaging transducer mounted on the motor mount.

Barry F
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ranger375; 11-23-2007 at 07:02 AM.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Only problem with that picture is that the high speed transducer is going to cause interference with his side imagining to the right.The Si tansducer is a big one and has problems reading at high speeds.What weve done on boats that run over 50 and on boats that have a pad is mount the Si to work at slower speeds and add a switch and a high speed transducer for running at high speeds.

Post Thanks / Like

The other problem with yahoo is that that show lots of pictures but NO ONE says if they work or not. I mounted mine like some of their pictures and it did not work. THANKS YAHOO GUYS for a few more holes in my boat. I finely went with the puck-ducer and switch also.It works good for me but I don't think that would work for you. The transom is your best bit
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great info

You guys sure know your stuff, I will mount it on the transum ,Sounds like the si is not so good for higher speeds.But makes up for it on the objects you can find. Thanks again great info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast