Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: TM is too loose

Post Thanks / Like

Default TM is too loose

For many years I used a hand controlled motor and I was able to tighten it up so once I set it's direction it would stay there until I changed it again.

Now I have a Motorguide Proseries 4300 and I'm having a real problem controlling which direction it points when I hit the switch. It just seems to be too loose, meaning it tends to change direction on me unless I pay a lot of attention to keeping it where I want it. I wish there were some way to tighten it up so that it's not so free swinging.

I did open it up and understand it uses a rack and pinion type movement mechanism that let's it move very freely. I also looked at the foot control and it looks like it's just a pin that attaches the control surface to the base. In neither case could I see any way to make it move less freely.

I'm trying to learn dock shooting, which requires good boat control. But for me to control the boat now takes all my attention and I don't get to fish. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Eddie
    Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men...Matt 4:19

Post Thanks / Like

I would use a footcontrol for shooting docks! No way you can use your hands to shoot and run the TM.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no adjustment on the Pro Series MGs. U can adjust Minn Kotas by adjusting a screw on the front of the foot control under the cables. Also your MGs that have the pulley steering they borrowed from Minn Kota can be adjusted at the foot peadle also. I have tried many ways to stiffen up the rack and pinion MGs with no sucess. I feel your frustration!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

two words from experience MINN KOTA the foot button is on the right side to
    FISH-ON!!!!!