Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Dual GPS display

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Dual GPS display

What you are looking at is two open windows of Oziexplorer. I am using two seperate gps (GPS 10,GPS 276c) inputs to get this type display. The left map image is a Topo map and the right map image is a side scan map.

I was on my 4 wheeler at the waters edge (sitting still). This is why the gps bulls eye arrows are not in sync. When I drove around, the bulls eyes did sync up.

The purpose of this configuration is to mark a few spots on the topo then drive up and look at the bottom view and topo view at the same time and in “real time”. This eliminates searching the sidescan maps then going out and looking for the stuff. I can verify everything with the 797si.

This is the first time this has ever been tried. It works.

Anyone with Ky Hydrographics maps can see the significance of this capability.

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom that is nice. But why in the world do you keep adding structure in front of your dock? It will cause all the crappie to move there.
    Keep up the good work.
    Pete

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Tom that is nice. But why in the world do you keep adding structure in front of your dock? It will cause all the crappie to move there.
    Keep up the good work.
    Pete
    This is why I wanted to be able to access the 797SI recorded image file. I could make a map of the bottom and look at what I recorded and at the topo of the same area at the same time. I can do it with the snapshot images but I loose a lot of details because of the instrumentation displays (temp,depth,etc.). If I could hide the displays, it would help a lot.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cool. You have no shortage of waypoints.