Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tie question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tie question

I know this has been asked many times but:

When "tight Light and trolling" and using the "wally" ten footers how do I set up the rig and how do I tie my lie and hooks/weight??

Any direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNS
    I know this has been asked many times but:

When "tight Light and trolling" and using the "wally" ten footers how do I set up the rig and how do I tie my lie and hooks/weight??

Any direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    John
    Not sure how you are trolling, but long line trolling I just tie on the jig and pull it with the troll motor set on about 3 of 10.

If you are more like spider rigging, there is a couple of ways, one is use a 3 way swivel and come off the top one with a short leader with a jig of hook and then the other side will be the long one and it will come down 15"-18" or so below the first one. Then you can use a heavy jig like 1/4 oz. or you can use a slip sinker egg type and pass your line through a couple of times so it stops being a slip sinker and then below that tie your jig or hook on.

Tight lining.... Again you can use a 3 way swivel set up like above except don't use the slip sinker, just a hook or jig on top and a 1/4 oz. jig 18"-2' below. On both above trolling and tight linning you can just use dropper loops in place of the swivel.

If you don't want a double drop rig, just tie on you jig and let it down.

Hope this helps and if you click on the articles on this board there is more help.

I also have a How To Page on my web site.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

When trolling (pushing or pulling) you want to balance the weight of your rig with the speed at which you wish to troll. You can rig with weight below the bait or above. There is no magical formula how this is "suppose" to be done. Set yourself free and develop a system you have confidence in. Generally, you will find that 3/4-1 ounce of weight will stay mostly verticle when trolling .5 mph or less. The only other thing to do is develop a system to control or know the depth you are fishing. Hope this helps!!!
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]