PDA

View Full Version : Saw this while shooting piers

zappaf19
11-15-2007, 08:57 AM
I was real surpised when a friend and I were out in my boat and he said CHECK THAT OUT!
Bill

Fishn N Wishn
11-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Its taking a bath to clean its meat,so someone can eat him :D

FishnLine
11-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the pics. It's been a while since I seen a deer in the lake.

SMITTY 58D
11-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Look like it was longline trolling

gabowman
11-15-2007, 10:32 AM
The last one I saw was swimming from where Rango set up to where FishnLine set up at the Clash on Lake Russell. I usually ruin thru there without a spotlight but was glad I used it that nite. Thanks for sharing.

fishfinder8
11-15-2007, 10:53 AM
3 years ago in the early morning I saw a 6 point in Lake Erie about 8 miles from shore he was he headed towards shore. About 2 hours later I saw him again about a 1/2 mile from shore still headed in.

father of 4
11-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Great pic. I really like the one of it out of the water

shipahoy41
11-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I think it was a huge Crappie chasing him away.

Baxter1
11-15-2007, 12:33 PM
That's what's so great about the great outdoors,you never know what you will see or what will happen. We saw deer in the water on our favorite lake,that was pretty neat.I think it was on Jimmy Houston's show,they showed a nice buck out inthe lake swimming along.Neat pics thanks for sharing.

gone fission
11-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Turkeys swimmin are almost as rare. I have seen 2 flocks swim across the same neck (on different days). What I do not understand is why they didn't fly across because the neck wasn't that wide...100 yds or less? Did't notice anything chasin em either.

FishnLine
11-15-2007, 04:01 PM
The last one I saw was swimming from where Rango set up to where FishnLine set up at the Clash on Lake Russell. I usually ruin thru there without a spotlight but was glad I used it that nite. Thanks for sharing.

Hitting that without a light would get your attention!

Fishtaco
11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Hitting that without a light would get your attention!

I can hear the conversation with your insurance man now...

You: I went fishing today and hit a deer.
Him: How fast were you going when you hit him?
You: Well, I was spider-rigging at the time, so about 1.4 - 2 MPH.
Him: Two?! Miles per hour?
You: Yeah. Why, should I have been going faster? Wouldn't I need to use a 1/4 ounce jig head if I went faster?
Him: Jug Head? Was he driving one of the other vehicles?
You: What other vehicles? It was a deer.
Him: Well, was Jug Head with you?
You: Ya, my wife was with me, but I think she prefers to be called 'Linda', not Jug Head.
Him: Well, was Linda driving at the time?
You: Naw, it isn't stick-steering, she was up front, I was in the back with the fish finder.
Him: You were in the back at the time you hit the deer?
You: Yup.
Him: I'm not sure that's covered. I'd have to look it up.

SMITTY 58D
11-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Turkeys swimmin are almost as rare. I have seen 2 flocks swim across the same neck (on different days). What I do not understand is why they didn't fly across because the neck wasn't that wide...100 yds or less? Did't notice anything chasin em either.

That's the Redneck... I mean Turkey Neck version of a buday..badae...boday You know that French thing in the toilet with the water.:eek:

ShilohRed
11-17-2007, 04:35 PM
They swim the Tn River here below Pickwick dam all the time. Shiloh Military park on one side. Corn on the other. You can see them swimming from Shiloh Park In the late evening. And they swim it back in the am about day light. And that is with lots of current. They sure can swim good.
Pete