Default MO Fun crappie tournament

Date: April 09, 2005
    Place: Lake of the Ozarks
    Prize: Bragging Rights and I will buy the winners the first Beer
    Rules: To be posted shortly
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

We're kickin' around the idea of coming up for the tournament. Don't know much about LOZ so, we'll have to do some homework between now and then. If ya'll could tell me where you think the best ramp for putting in at would be and some suggestions for places to camp close by, I'd appreciate it. It sounds like fun plus a chance to check out some new water.
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker

Post Thanks / Like

This is a huge lake with alot of ramps with camping nearby it would be hard to explain all the spots here but you can give me a call and i'll do my best to help you out. Jamie 573-793-6665
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ camp grounds

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Stalker
    We're kickin' around the idea of coming up for the tournament. Don't know much about LOZ so, we'll have to do some homework between now and then. If ya'll could tell me where you think the best ramp for putting in at would be and some suggestions for places to camp close by, I'd appreciate it. It sounds like fun plus a chance to check out some new water.
    Like Jamie said it is a big lake. With lots of pravite docks and crappie cover, one of the best crappie lakes in Missouri from October thru May. Nay also be after may but the big party boats take over then and watch out small fishing boats (this includes the large bass boats).

They have a State park camp grounds just off US 54 with a boat ramp. I work evenings if you want to call me during the day you can. Duane 573-426-4622. Jamie and Ted may know more about the lake them me they fish it all the time.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a website that will get you some info on the state park at Lake Ozarks
    http://www.mostateparks.com/lakeozark.htm

Duane, we dont fish this lake we are just putting out scare tactics for the tournement. haha

I would say the best fishing comes from probably 3 or 4 areas. And these are in no order on which ones are better than the others. 1)Gravois Mills Arm, 2)Grand Glazied Arm, 3)Niangia Arm, and 4)Osage Arm from the 35-60 mm. Most of your cover does come from the brush piles from around docks. But the problem find the docks with brush there is only about 10,000 or so to chose from.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rules

1) Fishing will be a honor system you may start at 7am and must stop by 3pm.
    2) Only 2 fishermen per boat.
    3) You must be at the weigh-in site by 4:30 pm, site to be determined.
    4) All fishing must be done from the boat. No one may leave the boat, unless its for a potty break.
    5) All fish must be caught by Missouri Department of Conservation Rules.
    6) All fish must be caught on Lake of the Ozarks waters and on formentioned date.
    7) If weather becomes sever, please you best judgement and leave the water. Do not keep fishing just to win.
    8) Each boat will weigh your best 10 fish and which 1 will be weighted for big fish. All fish to be weighed must be a crappie species. No trash fish will be weighted if you try you, will buy us all a round at the bar!
    9) Winners will recieve nothing but braggin rights! And a round at the bar from Duane.
    10) Have fun and be safe.

If someone has something they would like to change or add, speak up and be heard.
    Last edited by TAE73; 03-09-2005 at 09:59 AM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Default rule 5

5) All fish must be caught by Missouri Department of Conservation Rules.

I think that leaves me out!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that means no dynomite, electrical devices, and no old sytle crank telephones.

Do we have a idea of how many and who is going to show up? I will not know if I can till the thursday night of that weekend. I am guess for sure the ones that voted for it.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie