Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Combo For The Money

Post Thanks / Like

Question The Combo For The Money

Look guys...I'm looking to get new electronics. Ive got all garmin finder and GPS lookn for a good combo unit with duel xducers and mounts so i can move unit from cockpit to deck using the same unit. Give me your input on topo cards, computer friendly units. What combos dont slack on the detail on the bottom views. My pockets aint deep boys so what do yall think the best combo for the money is!!!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

Good electronics aren't cheap but having said that I've been using an Eagle 642C on my console and really like it. If the X-Mas bonus is good enough I'm going one better with a Lowrance LCX27. If you'll put your whatever unit you buy on a RAM mount you won't have to move it, just swivel it around. I fished with my console unit only for several months doing just that before I installed a bow graph.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I like the birds.

My brother-in-law just got a HB 560 (I think that's the right modle#) and I like it. I have 2 birds myself & like them. His can't be connected to your computer but the matrix & 700 series can be. The good thing about the birds is the quick mounts. They are easy to pop in & out. :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I agree the Birds are easy to use most of their mounts are interchangable! I think Wiskers is talking about the 595 which is $499! You can get the 383 for $399 it has the same features with a smaller screen and an internal antenna. The 787 is their best unit under $1000 it is $649-internal gps also and boasts 640vx480h.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got the 787 and I like it. Screen is nice and bright and is easily seen from several angles.

Short of being side-imaging capable, this unit will accept some very versatile transducers and comes with a very nice one, the dualbeam plus.

The biggest shortcoming I've found with it so far is the mount. Its a booger to take off the factory mount.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged