Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weekend Bite @ LBL!!

ndjim Guest

Default Weekend Bite @ LBL!!

I'm assuming things are slow, but the temp maxed out yesterday at close to 70. water temp still a little cool.looked all over the net and apparently no one is catching many fish. local fishing reports haven't been updated for weeks,and reports on this message board are way off base..i.e.(boats for sale and such)........i could go on and on!!

Post Thanks / Like

Caught 10 yesterday during a little walk-in trip to spring hole in a tributary of Lake Barkley. The biggest weighed 2lbs. and 4ounces with the smallest keeper about 3/4lb. Fished about a hour using 1/32oz. jigs with chartreuse tail.

Post Thanks / Like

wow, thats some nice walking
    Gone fishin', be back for deer season :D

ndjim Guest

Default Sugar Bay/LBL

fished sugar bay april 2&3,caught a few bass. very few were catching crappie in a concentrated effort. to much work for me. will try april 16&17. hopefully they will be in the shallows by then. sugar bay surely is a nice campground in lbl..
    kayakaster...aka ndjim

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb ndjim ...

whenever I used to go to Barkley Lake - I'd wait and go around the 21st of Apr. I fished from the Barkley Dam to the Prison ... in the little bays and cuts/pockets with stumps/logs or "buck bushes". And, even though the morning air temps were sometimes in the 40's ... the fish were in less than 5ft of water.
    All my trips to KY Lake were earlier in Apr ... and I always seemed to run into high water or flooded conditions (& extremely clear water)...but, usually managed to catch some fish from the LBL bays. Pisgah Bay, and the "rock quarry" right next to it, are pretty good spots.
    You might also want to read up on the Crappie Tagging Study Report on the KDFWR site .... pretty specific info on location, timing, and depths !! ....... check it out here -- http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/navigat...7&NavPath=C101 .........luck2ya ........cp