I was able to make a little free time Sunday afternoon and decided to try Beaverdam Swamp. The wind was light up through 11:00. I dropped the trailer on the hitch at 11:01 and the wind came.

The water temperature was 42-44. I decided to use my 14' WM rods and needed to make some adjustments to four rode holders to keep the rod tips fron the 14' and 9' rods out of the water. While in the process of making adjustments that require me to remove the clamp screw, a wave rocked the boat and I dropped the screw overboard while trying to reinstall it. I borrowed the screw from one of the front holders I was not using yesterday and got the holder I was working on properly set along with the other three I needed to adjust without further excitement. I was able to jury rig the front holder when I got back home.

The graph was marking objects 5-7 feet deep, but nothing was biting. I had conversations with a few other fishermen and one of the park addendants. All had the same thing to report - nothing much happening right now.

Hopefully, things will pick up as the water warms up.