Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Long time lurker puts death stars in water !!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long time lurker puts death stars in water !!

I wanted to take the time to thank everyone here for the knowledge I have learned in the last few weeks reading on this board. A friend and I installed 6 Death Stars in my new dock here in Oklahoma yesterday evening. This morning I dropped a minnow in and caught a nice 14 inch crappie. :D While that one was all there was, it was encouraging, that as I have read here, "build them and they shall come" ......Now I want to find some bamboo and build some of those for the rest of the dock to see which produces best. Problem is I haven't found any around here yet, but I am looking ......Thanks again for the information.
    Last edited by Okie; 03-06-2005 at 09:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Okie
    I wanted to take the time to thank everyone here for the knowledge I have learned in the last few weeks reading on this board. A friend and I installed 6 Death Stars in my new dock here in Oklahoma yesterday evening. This morning I dropped a minnow in and caught a nice 14 inch crappie. :D While that one was all there was, it was encouraging, that as I have read here, "build them and they shall come" ......Now I want to find some cane and build some of those for the rest of the dock to see which produces best. Problem is I haven't found any around here yet, but I am looking ......Thanks again for the information.
    You know GPS coordinates are required for all death star drops, per Crappie.com FAQ GFU/BS :D

Welcome aboard and we eagerly await furthur reports

Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve
    immortality.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Oke:

Welcome aboard mate. Glad that you are learning and using some new knowlege to help you catch them crappie.

If we fishermen stick together the crappie will not have a place to run and hide anymore LOL

Hope you have good fishing
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Okie-welcome!!the Guys On The Board Here Are Real Good About Sharing Info. You Can Learn Alot Regardless If Your A Novice Or Pro! Again Welcome To The Best Board On The Web!!! Good Fishin To Ya!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Okie I might be near you I am in Broken Arrow and I know where to get the bamboo I have some already made up and not sunk yet let me know and I will try to help you out what is your home lake mine is Ft Gibson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big George
    Hey Okie I might be near you I am in Broken Arrow and I know where to get the bamboo I have some already made up and not sunk yet let me know and I will try to help you out what is your home lake mine is Ft Gibson

Big George, thanks for the offer....I'll take you up on that .....

My place is on Grand Lake ....South end. Sounds like you are gonna
    get fishin rights.....I live full time in Pryor, have the place on Grand and
    just installed a new enclosed dock.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Okie when ya want to gather some bamboo can ya get free during the week? Let me know when ya want to go get it

Post Thanks / Like

Big George....

Spent the weekend on the lake and just got back home.

Getting away during the week is no problem

You have a PM...

Post Thanks / Like

whats a death star?

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow gooch ....

here's a copy of the reply I gave to "Bugman", who asked that same question in a previous post .....

"Death Stars" is just a nickname some of us on the board came up with .... the actual product is called "No Hang Fish Habitat" (on http://www.grizzlyjig.com/ ). Ken "Killer" Palmer brought these to our attention, late last year. He buys the "center piece" and puts his own PVC pipes in them, somewhat longer pieces than the "kit" contains.
    They just kinda remind you of the "Death Star" from Star Wars fame
    They do seem to work, as several members have reported placing them in their waters and catching fish from around them. ............cp

and now you know (the rest of the story) ..................luck2ya ...cp

OH YEAH -- and Welcome to Crappie.com !! Stick around and read the posts, and ask questions ... we've got a wealth of information, opinions, and stories to share with you.