Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on biat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need advice on biat

Now that winter is closing in, less bait shops are carrying minnows. I would also like to go earlier in the mornings now and then. The only thing I've ever caught a crappie on besides live bait is crappie thunder. I'm looking for some help on what to purchase from say Dicks or Ebay that will land me some fish; not limited to crappie obviously.

Names or links to the actual piece will work. I fish in freshwater for what it's worth and don't really know how to use much besides live bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Asassins mayo fl.

I use the 1.5" and catch crappie like the is no tomorrow. I think the baby trout color is just the bomb here even on slow days it is my go to jig but they have alot of good colors. I use a 1/16 jig head. I also like the new green pumpkin and gold flake it has worked good too in the last 2 weeks. In your area I would drop it to the bottom and then real up a couple of rounds of your reel let it set a few seconds then move your rod tip over a foot or so and watch your line as it swings if you see it twitch set the hook or just twitch it back pretty hard just to check and see if it was a fish. If you don't get a hit move it around slowly left and right a few more times if that don't work reel up 2 more rounds and do the above all over again. When you catch one go back to that depth or rounds off the bottom you should catch a few more. Good luck and tight lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I am somewhat new to crappie fishing. I started out bass fishing but I like fishing for crappie better.

Noticed I misspelled bait in the thread title as well! One too many beers tonight, sorry :D

Post Thanks / Like

Slabbuster jigs are the real deal here in Mo. You should try some they are great.Go to the Mo board and look for the thread on them or just do a search for them on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Jigs

Grizzly Jigs work great for shallow water and slow fall tactics. Mid South ruber skirts for mid to deeper water. I use 1\16 ounce round heads most of the time fishing deeper water or thicker cover I will change to a 1\8 ounce head.

Go get dem Hogs!!!!!!!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot always tip with Berkley Power Nibbles!!!!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

Do they have a Rural King down there by you? If so, give 'em a call and see if they carry Southern Pro plastics. They carry them up here in Muncie.....99 cents a pack. The grubs and tubes on a 1/32 oz. jighead would be a good place to start.
    Hey...jerk...your bobber's under!!!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I invite you to check out my website. I'd appreciate your business.

Thanks
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Try tipping your hooks with Crappie Nibbles(WalMart, Academy), white and chart. work best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41
    I invite you to check out my website. I'd appreciate your business.

Thanks
    Ship has some nice looking jigs and also go to the Georgia board and check out crappiedays jigs, spoons and micro-spoons. great workmanship and they catch fish too. the micro-spoons are awesome. Also there are sveral others on here that make jigs check out the fly tying/jig section on the main board
    Gone Fishing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast