Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: OK, so you don't need Hi-vis line?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OK, so you don't need Hi-vis line?

The yellow line that comes on WM reels seems like pretty good line. 4lb?? Anyway, if you really don't need hi-vis line, what would you use? As much as I like power pro, my absentmindness is forcing me to back to mono. I replaced the power pro on my white perch ultra lite with sten super tough (6LB) but haven't really given it the acid test yet.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I have had good luck with the WM camouflaged 4 lb test. That is if you are wanting something hard to see. I have used it for smallmouth in clear water with excellent results. I buy bulk spools when it is on sale.

Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

I TOO BOUGHT A SPOOL OF THE CAMO-IF YOU WANT A LINE YOU CANT SEE ITS GREAT!THOUGHT I"D BE ABLE TO SEE IT BECAUSE OF THE FLOUR. STRIP-BUT I CANT !HAD TO GO BACK TO HI-VIS[bad eyes]! GOOD FISHIN TO YA!! DENNIS
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't care if I can see it or not. I'm just looking for a good mono to use. Over the years I've tried many of them but can't remember which are good and which are bad.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

IBN....I really like the Trilene Sensation in 6 lb test. It is more sensitive than the Trilene XL 6 lb.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Ibnfshn ....

here's an article you may find interesting.

http://www.nybass.com/illustrated/ar...neshootout.htm

And though it is just one man's "opinion" ... I've heard from some reliable sources that this guy is for real. You might also read on thru the replies that follow the "shootout" article. There's some "other" interesting info on lines in there, too. .........luck2ya ...cp

ps ... if I'm not using a hi-vis line - then I'm, more often than not, using the BPS Excel.

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree with two of his reviews. The Berley Sensation has been a top notch line for me for almost two years now. I use the six pound and have not had it break at all. I had a twenty pound flathead all the way to the boat, and that was with frayed line from rubbing on bridge pilings. He must have had a bad batch. I have had no problems with this stuff whatsoever. I do agree with him on the Ultrathin. They should bring that back.

The Berkley Vanish flouro.....I can't stand the stuff. I have tried the 6 pound quite a few times and I can't even keep in on the reel. It has a serious lack of memory in my opinion. Every time I would cast, all the line would start falling off before I could flip the bail.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought jumbo spool of the 4lb WM camo and 6lb WM High Vis but I havn't used the 6lb yet.

The 4lb is great and very hard to see especially in clear or lightly stained water.

I have several rods spooled up with it. I bought a WM spinning real that came with the High vis yellow but the shakespheare real broke after just a couple casts so I havn't used it since then. I need to take it back to BPS and get a new one or exchange it for a different model.

I also really like the ultagreen by Maxima I use their 3lb test alot for trout fishing and I landed a lunker 8lb 4oz rainbow last year with it.

I did try some 4lb vanish by berkly or trilene last weekend and i broke off 2 fish while trout fishing. Made me go back to my truck and get my reel spooked up with the ultragreen 3lb and didn't have anymore issues.