Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, how did u do this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well, how did u do this weekend?

I did good this weekend, learned a few new places to fish today. Its only a matter of time till the spawn gets here! The only bad thing that happened is that my motor when sour on me. Lucky for me, she decided that she was done about the time I was passing the ramp to another spot. It could have been far worse when I was 21 miles up the lake from the ramp. That would have been a long ass float to the ramp. I will say one thing loading a boat only with a trolling motor and by yourself in strong cross winds sucks! Hopefully its just a fuel filter and I can have it back up and running this weekend. Hope everyone did good also.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    I did good this weekend, learned a few new places to fish today. Its only a matter of time till the spawn gets here! The only bad thing that happened is that my motor when sour on me. Lucky for me, she decided that she was done about the time I was passing the ramp to another spot. It could have been far worse when I was 21 miles up the lake from the ramp. That would have been a long ass float to the ramp. I will say one thing loading a boat only with a trolling motor and by yourself in strong cross winds sucks! Hopefully its just a fuel filter and I can have it back up and running this weekend. Hope everyone did good also.
    Tough luck with the motor Ted. Hope it's nothing major. Enjoyed a couple of beautiful days on the water. Kept about a dozen around 10 to 12 inches and had a great dinner tonight.

Stopped by the White bass hangout. The shad were boiling up the water but not a white bass around. Two days in a row at sundown they were just eating up the shad and my slip bobber. Why they were not there today? Must be some reason. Maybe the front we've got moving in? Fish never cease to amaze me. I was all dialed in tonight and going to use a spinner to have some fun with those critters. I'll get'um next time.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt fare so well yesterday,i fished the glaize arm and simply could not make them bite we ended up with 10 keepers.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    I didnt fare so well yesterday,i fished the glaize arm and simply could not make them bite we ended up with 10 keepers.
    Was the wind blown down on that end of the lake? It was rolling 2 footers up on the 50mm. I only managed 11, but if my motor had pooped out on me I know I could have picked up 4 more.

Can you give directions again to that other ramp thats up higher? The one that you have to go down a gravel road. Thanks
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Outside laurie hwy 135 go 5 mi left on j rd turns to gravel follow gravel less than a mile to mallard resort. What was up with your motor? when i hear of someone having motor problems i can relate. the wind was bad enough that i had to tie up or anchor my jon boat at every spot but it wasnt white capping as bad as you had it.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, might try it out this weekend with outlaw and his boat.

As for the motor, I am stumped on it. I leaving from work after awhile to run it up to alton, IL. The place said they would get right on it, maybe its something they can fix quickly while I wait. Or I will have to make another run back up there after they fix it. The dealer here in town said it would be 2 weeks before they would look at it.

Did you get a motor for yours yet?
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Thanks for the info, might try it out this weekend with outlaw and his boat.

As for the motor, I am stumped on it. I leaving from work after awhile to run it up to alton, IL. The place said they would get right on it, maybe its something they can fix quickly while I wait. Or I will have to make another run back up there after they fix it. The dealer here in town said it would be 2 weeks before they would look at it.

Did you get a motor for yours yet?
    2 weeks this time of the year seems a little like he did not want the business. Maybe he is super rich and only wants the business from people he sells boats and motor to new.

Lots of auto dealers like that.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Fished on the southern side of LOZ on Saturday. Lost a few hours with a motor problem and had to run to Walmart at Camdenton to get some stuff to fix it. Finally got out and we caught around 30 with 13 keepers. Fish were close to brushy trees felled into the water and only a few feet under the surface. All fish caught on jigs with crappie nibbles.

Might go up to MTL this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

the trade fell through that i had worked out so i put it in the shop, they are going to let me know if its fixable if not i found a new powerhead in florida for 2300.00 it has a one year warranty for a 175 hp i dont think its a bad deal. looks like tournament time ill be fishing from my jon boat with a 9.9 merc ,you guys with fast boats that actually run should spot me a couple of pounds ha ha. Did you take yours to martys marine? if so they must be swamped, anytime i have had trouble they were super quick.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sounds like a bad weekend for a few us on motor problems. No I had talked to Mertens here in Jeff City. I wasnt sure if I should taken it to Martys or not. With it being a charger and not buying it there, I might have been put on the back burner. I tried to bargin with them guys, but they wouldnt budge a bit. It would be good for the guys in stl since there name is on the boat and trailer if I would have taken it there. If there is a next time I might, that drive up and back is going to make for a long day today.

I found out what I tore up, I sheared 6 bolts off the compressor pulley. The mechanic said "wow, never seen that before". Said it will take week to get the parts in, hopefully by next friday it will be ready.
    Ted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast