Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: boat id

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat id

I got a 16' aluminum boat for free a couple of years ago. It was given to me from my grandpa with no title. I cant find any numbers on it and was wonder if anyone might now where the serial number could be on the boat. The boat is a Blue Star. I cant get it licensed without a title and cant get a title without a serial number. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Check with your revenue service they can send a sherrif out and he can verify what needs to be verified, then you take his letter back and that should do it. Now when dealing w/ the state if its like here they aint the most informative bunch, ask questions
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Look on the right side of the back of the boat
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepants
    I got a 16' aluminum boat for free a couple of years ago. It was given to me from my grandpa with no title. I cant find any numbers on it and was wonder if anyone might now where the serial number could be on the boat. The boat is a Blue Star. I cant get it licensed without a title and cant get a title without a serial number. Thanks.
    hey crappiepants take a look at the transom.Most boat ID#s are usually there. Could be on a plate inside or on the outside. If its outside and the boat has grab handles,look for a strip of alum. next to one. Ones I have seen like this are braded or tack welded. AND since it came from good old grandpa it could be old enough not to have any ID at all. If thats the case you may ahve to use a birth date, phone# or soc sec #. Hope this helps,nothing like having something and cant use it because of REDTAPE. GOOD LUCK
    I practice catch and release..... in hot grease!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

older boats didn't have a HID (Hull ID Number). In my state, all you have to do is have a GW verify it has no HID and is an older boat and the then assign it a number and a sticker to go on the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait
    older boats didn't have a HID (Hull ID Number). In my state, all you have to do is have a GW verify it has no HID and is an older boat and the then assign it a number and a sticker to go on the boat.

worked like that for me a few years back. I got a 14 foot semi vee and the onle thing it had on it was a name of mfg. Feather craft.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait
    that is waht i did . we have [DNR] i had to send in a form and the game warden came out and put the # tag in2 differen`t places . any boat older than a 1973 i think didn`t have a HIN # . untill last year we didn`t have to have one on them . better for the game warden to idenify a stolen boat .
    Last edited by papasage; 11-12-2007 at 07:39 PM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Star

There was a Blue Star Boat Company in Goddard Ks in the 1950's. Spent a lot of hours growing up in one.