Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minn Kota PD Auto-Pilot. OH MY!

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Minn Kota PD Auto-Pilot. OH MY!

Just put one on and got to give it a try today. I do believe I like that thing. Going to be fun to play with.

Thanks Bill !

Now, wonder if my wife would like to get me a Co-pilot for my birthday?

Dayton

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690
    Just put one on and got to give it a try today. I do believe I like that thing. Going to be fun to play with.

Thanks Bill !

Now, wonder if my wife would like to get me a Co-pilot for my birthday?

Dayton
    Glad to hear everything is working out. Did you catch any fish or just go out to play.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Co Pilot

Co pilot is not variable speed. It has either 3 or 4 speeds. With a co pilot you lose the variable speed control. That can be good or bad depending on how you fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get the co-pilot, I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Stay with the autopilot. I wouldn't trade mine in for anything.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I found a couple of shorelines out of the gale and just played. I put out 6 rods, 2 each of 16, 14 and 12 and trolled. Tested speeds and controls. I had on 1/16 and 1/32 jigs/grubs and bumped around. No fish. One good snag on a brush pile. Had some fun. Looking forward to actually seeing a thump on the end of one of those rods.

Cool.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Default CoPilot

The CoPilot gives you the same speeds as your AP. It does not change any functions of the motor and mine has been completely reliable for the 2 years I've had it. The only thing the copilot can't do is turn the ap function off or on. You can change speeds, turn the motor off or on and steer with it. It's the greatest, no foot pedal, just a small remote you can use from your fishing rod, belt or wrist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    The CoPilot gives you the same speeds as your AP. It does not change any functions of the motor and mine has been completely reliable for the 2 years I've had it. The only thing the copilot can't do is turn the ap function off or on. You can change speeds, turn the motor off or on and steer with it. It's the greatest, no foot pedal, just a small remote you can use from your fishing rod, belt or wrist.
    Shellback is right, I stand corrected. Co=pilot and auto pilot are now both variable speed. :o

Post Thanks / Like

hey shellback,when are you coming back to kerr again.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    hey shellback,when are you coming back to kerr again.
    Man, I'm itching to get back there, I check the Kerr Lake forum everyday. I started a new job awhile back so getting some time off now is a tough. I'm working for a township on the road, plowing snow, and then summer time I'll be grading them. We have 40 some miles of road, and they are all dirt. During this snow season there's no chance of time off. Yep, it's still snow season here, plowed this afternoon and they are calling for snow everyday this week. There's a real good chance I'll be able to get away mid to late April, so I'll get in touch with you, and we can set up a trip if you're available. The wife still talks about the time we were out with you. She really enjoyed herself.

Post Thanks / Like

look forward to seeing you and her.don`t work to hard but keep them roads clear.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA