Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slow On The Hollow

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Slow On The Hollow

JUST CAME IN FROM 4 HRS ON THE WATER--ABOUT AS SLOW AS ITS BEEN FOR AWHILE!!STARTED OUT UP RIVER THINKIN THE WARMER WATER WOULD HOLD FISH. WRONG!!!!I FISHED RIPRAP BANKS,LAYDOWNS RUNNING INTO DEEP WATER, EDGE OF WILLOWS,ECT.! HEADED OUT TO THE LAKE-STOPPED AT TWO LAYDOWNS IN 16-18 FT OF WATER.SET OUT MINNOW AT 10FT,AND CAST 1/32 OZ CHART/BLACK JIG. BAM!!-A14" ON FIRST CAST! I THOUGHT I"m ON EM NOW!!WRONG--IN THE NEXT HOUR OR SO I THINK I FISHED EVERY INCH OF THEM TO NO AVAIL!!! HEADED OUT TO CONDOS WE PUT OUT LAST WEEK --THEY TOO PROVED TO BE ANOTHER HOUR OR SO OF NO FISH!![one was loaded-guess they werent hungry]! AFTER SOME TROLLIN ICALLED IT QUITS---SURE WAS A PRETTY DAY THOUGH!!A LITTLE WINDY BUT BEARABLE.ANYONE ELSE DO ANY GOOD TODAY?? WONDER IF ITS JUST HERE OR OTHER PLACES TO???GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!DENNIS
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Me and my girl fished Percy Priest today. Caught a bunch of 9-91/2" fish. Ended up sqeaking by with 8 keepers, their size didn't make me want to do an end-zone dance though. :D Saw some other guys fishing shallow stumps (3-5') and snatchin' out fiddlefarters one after the other. By that time I was on a deeper drop (15-19') and although I only caught 2 on it, mine both got a livewell ride. Caught the most fish on a drop from 6'-12' early. H2O temp.= 52.7-53.5 down 1 deg. from last Sun. The Man checked my fish again, and I asked him if anybody was catchin many and he pointed at a guy acoss the way and said he had several good fish. Thats when I went to a little deeper cause that guy was on some good deep brush 18'-22'. When I went to vertical jiggin' my girlfriend got bored before long and I finally left. Could be the barometric pressure it went up this morning for a while then started dropping this afternoon. I had hoped it would drop on out this a.m. but it didn't.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

The Water Temp Here Was About The Same Up The River,it Was 48-50* On The Lake.didnt Think To Check The Barometer-ordered A Matrix 37 Sat,then I"ll Send In The Coupon For The Weather Sence Eliminating The Need To Do That.my Rear Finder Needed Updated And After Reading The Post On Finders Decided It Was Time! ! It Sounded Like A Good Deal-getting Updates Through Humminbird Is Sure Cheaper Then Buyin A New One Every Coupla Years---good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a link to NOAA weather that shows the recent weather conditions. I look at this all the time. http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/obhistory/KBNA.html
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!i"ll Check It Out. Good Fishin To Ya!!dennis