Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Things didn't go good, but........

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Things didn't go good, but........

I caught fishes (9). Water temp was 51-53 F. Fish caught in 15-17 ft depth on channel drops using minnows with bottom bump rig. Slooooooow... I was in West Sandy out from Britton Ford. It wuz windy (as usual).

Fish didn't come to see me as I was expecting them to be in West Sandy. No bait fish showed up. Bad guess on my part.

I was in my Jon boat. I put the Jon in late Friday and took it for a TM cruise only to get stranded about a 1/2 mile from home. The Big Foot switch quit working. I knew it was something I was supposed to fix. I forgot the motor key, so I had to row home. Sucked. I fixed the switch (and a spare).

I stayed in West Sandy as the Jon is too small to get out in main channel on windy days. I gave the Jon a good speed run in the choppy water. Got up to 24.2 mph (gps). Not bad for 15hp and 14 ft Jon. Metal was really flexing when I was crossing the lake. Looked like a gooney bird trying to lift off.

Paul and Vonna (The Crappiestalkers) stopped by. They had been out with Gonefishin. We got in some good yaking. Vonna brought me an apple pie.

We all had a large time. Just to share.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Rowing home is ruff on a fat boy, this I know from experiance
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

This past Saturday I ran my boat outta gas at paris landing...knew i forgot something...lol..I didn't have real far to go though....only abouy 300 yards..thank goodness for trolling motor...:note to self:....put gas in boat....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fessum
    This past Saturday I ran my boat outta gas at paris landing...knew i forgot something...lol..I didn't have real far to go though....only abouy 300 yards..thank goodness for trolling motor...:note to self:....put gas in boat....

Thanks now I don't feel so bad. did the same thing on T-ville lake a while back. had to troll in about 1/4 mile, but since I was going home anyway I shook the tank, it's got a 1 gallon reserve built in, and ran long enough to trailer my boat and go home. Next time out both tanks were full.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer