Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Mattoon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Mattoon

Redtick - Have you heard of anyone catching any crappie at Lake Mattoon? I walked the bank today for an hour and didn't even get a hit. Several other guys were fishing around me and I didn't seen anyone catch a fish. Wind was bad - had to fish where I could, not where I wanted to. I wanted to try out the long pole I bought over at Pana - still don't know what it feels like catching a fish. I went down to the boat show at Effingham Saturday and my buddy bought an eleven foot Outlaw pole. Looks like a nice pole.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I have some things to do like finishing installing my new depth finder on my boat, so I haven't been out on the lake yet. I saw a few boats at the marina today but I didn't have time to stop and see if anyone was catching anything. I would bet some crappie could be caught but it will be a week or so before I even try. I saw the white caps today, I wouldn't be fishing in them anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappieken we ran all over the lake today and didnt have much luck.We did finally catch 4 only 2 of them had much size.Everyone we talked to werent having much luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quickfire - Thanks for your report. This was the first time I have fished Lake Mattoon this year. Late last fall I did get a 12 and a 121/2 incher off a friend's dock along with a lot of chips. I might have to register my boat out there this year.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Default back to back

I went by a friends house this evening and he just got back from Mattoon lake. He had 22 keepers and said he had 38 the week before. He keeps 9'' fish but said he threw back 5 for every one keeper he had. Said he caught them very shallow.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quickfire, where is my minnow bucket? It is a bit early for lake fishing to be any good but I am very sure the pond crappie fishing is good. The weather reports are not promising this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave I forgot about your 5 gallon bucket.If you were needing it all you had to do was call and i would of ran it over.I'm getting offline right now and running it over.It will be in the back of your truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I put the bucket to use. The Marina was open and they had a few minnows, so I have got minnows in it now. They say that will have fresh minnows Saturday.
    Thanks, Rudy.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out in my boat yesterday but didn't fish. The water temperature was 40 degrees and I didn't see any fish on my fishfinder. It is too cold for me to fish much.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out again. Again I was just testing my equipment. I didn't see any fish on my fishfinder near the dam area. I will soon have to take a pole and a couple of minnows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast