Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watts Bar Crappie

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Watts Bar Crappie

Blackie & I caught 65 at Watts Bar this week. This was the biggest at 2 lbs. 7 oz.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

cheryl Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DonG

Blackie & I caught 65 at Watts Bar this week. This was the biggest at 2 lbs. 7 oz.
    Kenny and I hope you will save some for us to catch in the Spring Fling at Eden Marina and Campground! We're glad you had such a good week.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow OK - Where's my GPS coordinates ?

And don't bother giving me the GPS to the "slide" - Killer already took me there ...LOL!! Matter of fact, he says he put you two on those fish and that you caught them out of "his" brush piles !! And here all this time I thought you guys were running to Whites Creek and Pearl Harbor --- instead you've been trailing after Killer and GPS'ing his spots :D !!

Glad you guys got some fish - Paul and I managed about 10 keepers in 2.5 days ... and we each lost our biggest ones, at the boat.
    I certainly hope they decide to come in a bit shallower, between now and the Fling. We caught White Crappie only - no Black Crappie to be found. Don't know if they've come and gone or if the water has already gotten too warm for them. Current water temps are around the 64deg mark - Dogwoods are in full bloom - Moon phase is "New Moon" - water color is stained to clear. All systems are GO -- now, somebody just needs to tell the Crappie "it's time!" ..LOL!! ............cp

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

CP, If the slide is across from the mouth of Piney Creek we did go with Killer Thursday afternoon. His secret brush piles produced 1 fish for us and none for Killer. He left us saying he was heading in but that wasn't the case. We let Killer get out of site and went to 2 of "our" places. After that we went in. Killer was still out. A little later he came in with 0 fish. We had 17 of which 3-5 were 2lbs. We had terrible weather but the fish were really biting. We caught 90% of our fish in 38' of water suspended at 25'. They were mostly hitting white or red and chart.

What day are you & Paul coming for the Spring Fling and where will you be staying?

Before I forget, We were told the fish were really biting at Blue Springs & Bayside. We were in Blackie's boat and couldn't get there for the wind. Things should be just about right for the SF.........See Ya!!!!!!!
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation The Slide

Yep, that's the one. We followed him there Sat evening and tried it again Sun morning .... worming our way around the islands (cut-thru shortcut) !! He took a total of a dozen or so from the deep brush in those two encounters - Paul and I managed 5 from the shallow brush in front of the "slide" in those two trips.

We had tried our usual spots Friday and blanked ... weather and water was perfect, but they just haven't moved back in shallow yet. If they don't do it over the next two weeks - they may not do it at all, this year. They should be in 2-4ft of water .... not "24" feet !! And the Bayside/Bluesprings spots - NADA !! Docks were a total waste of time, and we don't know very many deep brush pile spots (those are usually a Fall pattern, anyway, not a Spring pattern). Looks like you guys got to them before the weather did ...LOL!!

We should be there on the Fri before the tourney ... not sure yet where we'll be staying. Eden is booked up - I've always told Don Y to take as many 1st timers in as he can hold ... and IF there's a spot left, we'll take it. I like for the "newbies" to be close to the weigh-in site, and not get intimidated by the size of the lake. Depending on what the "reports" are - we'll find lodging close to the action, even if we have to drive a few miles to launch. (just means we'll have to get up a little earlier ...LOL!!)

You guys take care ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

CRAPPIE PAPPY and Paul followed me for three days and i think they caught four or five they were watching KILLER pull the big ones out.I think they set there GPS on me and watch me catch some nice fish. It is not hard to do just takes a litte know how ,i had a good teacher Don York ,i felt bad for crappie pappy and paul for those three days. The Killer

Post Thanks / Like

Don And Blacky Caught That 2lb.7oz At My Tree Top The Killer

Post Thanks / Like

Killer are you marking the side of the boat so I'll know where to fish next week?

Gerald

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER
    Don And Blacky Caught That 2lb.7oz At My Tree Top The Killer
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Post Thanks / Like

Have they bought up water in WB to summer level? Conner

FISH4DUG Guest

Hey Don Great Pic. !!! Nice Slab, Is That The Biggest Crappie That You Have Ever Caught ? Man I Would Love To Catch A Cooler Full Like That ! Fish4dug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast