Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lonely outdoors man looking for a sleek, jellcoated partner

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lonely outdoors man looking for a sleek, jellcoated partner

Been a week so far and had some leads, only to find something wrong with every boat I looked at. If anyone has or knows of some boats for sale, I am looking for a used fibreglass bass/crappie boat. Somewhere around 90-96 models. NO dual console. Price Range from $5ooo-$6500 would be nice. Live in North Alabama.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boats

Go to Bass Fishing Home Page and then to the boat and motors section. Several listed there in your price range. Also try Bass Boat Central boats for sale page. Plenty of boats there. Try Boattrader.com also. Go to the yellow pages on web of nearest big city to you and look through their ads. Plenty of places to look.

Try Iboats.com...The boat dealers page has almost all of the manufactures of boats listed in this country. When you choose one you get many dealers. The dealers also have many other used boats for sale. This is how I found my new pontoon boat at the best price.

Good luck........

Larry

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Get serious!!!!

get a metal boat. Plastic sucks. You gonna end up worrying more about scratches rather than fishing...lol.... Hey...I am opinionated...We all know this.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There are those that would say that metal boats scare the fish away. The last time I heard that we had been fishing in my partners Bass Tracker. When they seen our catch, they shut up. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I think that saying may come for the old metal (Aluminum Lund) boats that didn't have carpenting etc between the metal and the persons walking on the boat. Also if you hit the side of any metal object it will send vibrations into the water if there is nothing between the metal and the water. But banging around on a fiberglass boat would not be a good thing to do either.

An do fish look up to see the boat? Can fish see out of the water into the air? Sure to some degree. Depends on how clear the water is and the light conditions. Trout are well know to be able to see a fisherman standing along the bank of a trout stream. Wily trout fishermen sneak up on the stream on hands and knees and or stay low and stalk their quarry.

And wise crappie fishermen know to not make noice in the boat when fishing.

I still think that I caught more fish in the old days before the advent of trolling motors. I know that the fish can hear the sound of the propeller going though the water. Whether they know what's coming next is the question but they definately know you are there or nearby. Back in the old days used oars to move the boat or drifted with the wind. When I fished KY lake back in the early 1960 I got pretty good at figuring out the drift path of my boat and would position the boat just upwind of the fishing spot and let the wind push the boat though the spot. Then we would drift past the spot and run the big motor or oar up into the wind and drift though the spot over and over again. That worked guys. Today we use the electric trolling motors to stay on the spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    There are those that would say that metal boats scare the fish away. The last time I heard that we had been fishing in my partners Bass Tracker. When they seen our catch, they shut up. LOL
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1993 Stratos 275 Pro XL

I have a 1993 Stratos 275 Pro XL 17' 10" 150 HP Evinrude Intimidator, in super condition. $5500.00 If this boat fits your needs, it is practically good as new. [email protected] for pics and more info. The boat is red/white/ silver.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tracker

David:
    Afriend of mine has 98 tracker,40 hp Mariner.for sale. It's anice boat, in mint condition also in your price range .He went to Boat Sport and Travel Show, now he is going to get a new one. You know how trade ins go. They don't give you anything for them. His name is Keith at (317-392-1343) or Email address [email protected] .
    Norm ( aka Ledhed )

Post Thanks / Like

David-i Got Rid Of My Fiberglass Bass Boat When I Got Serious About Crappie Fishin!always Had To Worry About Knockin A Hole In It Or Scrapin It Up!!bought A Polarcraft--best Move I Ever Made !!i Go Places In My Alum. Boat I Used To Wish I Could!!good Fishin To Ya!!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Aluminum boats are great for shallows but are a pain to handle in the wind. I have a 14 foot flat bottom for the shallow water fishing and then a Stratos for deeper water and windy days. I have more holes in my aluminum boat than I do my fiberglass boat. The boat needed depends on your fishing situation. We fish alot of tournaments and there are days when the wind is pretty bad and we need to keep the boat controlled better. the heavier the boat, the better (especially in the front).
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle