Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's happening at

Post Thanks / Like

Default what's happening at

East Fork? I may finally get a chance to get out on Monday. I haven't been out in awhile due to some heath issues so I'm clueless. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at East Fork Yesterday. The Crappie were hitting good. We caught fish on laydowns on the main lake 3-12 feet. Caught a few shallow in the river on stumps. We caught fish on minows under a float and pitching jigs.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report, weather should be good. Hopefully I'll get a few.

Post Thanks / Like

well I got out Monday for a few hours, action was fairly slow. fished 1.5' to around 10', the bigger fish came from the 1.5' and all I caught deeper were a few dinks. Jigs worked better than minnows. It sure was good to get out.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could get out on EF. I haven't been in about 3 weeks I guess. I am having some back problems, and cold air and boat seats don't usually help that much....but I'd rough it if I didn't have to face the wife when I can't get off the couch later. Last time out I got them with hair jigs under a small float around laydowns close to or on the main lake. I was hoping to get out tomorrow for a little while, but it's not looking good.
    Hey starvin', has Mike started the fall tournaments on EF or is he planning on having any this year? I haven't been over that way since the last weigh in.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

On Monday I go see a surgeon about a triple bypass and a heart valve repair/replacement. I'm going to be laid up for 6 to 8 weeks. I've been waiting for 3 weeks to see the doctor. I'm hoping I can get it done before Christmas.
    Usually I'm out bowhunting but had to give that up. My wife said she's seen me more this Nov. than she has the last 33 Novembers combined:D
    Good thing is I should be able to make my annual trip to Weiss in late Feb. or early March.
    By the way all this good stuff was found in a routine physical. I'm 56, about 8 lbs oveweight, cholesterol is 166 and never been over 190. Hobies are fish, hunt, hike and bike and may be prone to too much TV. Heart valve problem is genetic and I just found out about it. But the blocked arteries surprised me. Cardiologist said he never would have guess it. LESSON HERE IS GET THOSE ROUTINE PHYSICALS.
    When this thing gets going, I'm going to have to live my life through the internet , so lets keep those posts coming.
    SpeckWick, hope your back gets better soon. Those things can drag on for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fall tournaments

Specwick

Mike said he wanted to have some tournaments, but nothing scheduled yet.

Crappiemax

Good luck with the surgery.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiemax,
    Good luck with the surgery and all. Take care of yourself, the fish will still be there when you are all healed up. Especially if you fish the same places I do,LOL. I am going next week to see a surgeon to discuss the back thing. May need surgery, but at the least I'm looking at steroid injections. I hate needles!! Better, for both of us I guess to be laid up in the winter then right in the middle of the spawn, huh?
    Starvin', Let us know if ya hear anything about any EF tourneys. In the event I can avoid or put off surgery, I'd like to fish a few. The bad taste from the HORRIBLE '07 season my partner and I had is about gone. We are ready to try to get back to competitive at least.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the well wishes. You're right this is the best time to have it done. 12 weeks till all restrictions gone, that will be mid-March:D. I'm still not sure of the date, sometime in the next couple of weeks.
    My 07 season wasn't too bad, at least not through June. I didn't fish too much from July till Sept., but always managed a few when I went.
    My biggest problem is it just doesn't seem there is enough hours in the day. I need to re-evaluate my priorities. Too much work.
    Starvin, it looks like you did best on the lake. I did best in the river. Go figure!

Post Thanks / Like

My overall crappie fishing this year has been really good, just wasn't able to carry it over to any tournaments. My last two trips out I hardly caught a short fish, with a few real nice slabs over 12", but it didn't happen that way much when it counted. I will be getting out this coming Saturday if my buddy John has to roll me to the boat. I hear from a few guys they are doing really well at East Fork. It's my turn!
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast