Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Set-up, compact and portable! (Pics)

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Set-up, compact and portable! (Pics)

I started making my own hair jigs a while back mainly for the convience of being able to have what colors I wanted to fish, and the fact that I just enjoy doing it as well. But when I got started I had a heck of a time keeping everything organized. Always having to spread it all out on the kitchen table like this:

So I got to thinking of a way to make it organized and easy to set up and put away in just a few min. It took a little doing but I came up with a design that worked for me. As a bonus it made it very easy for me to take it with me on weekend fishing trips or anywhere I choose. Which I might add saved me once when I left my tackle bag at home , but I just set up my little assortment right there in the cabin and tied up a few colors for the next morning. Here is a pic of the Jig Tying Case I built:

Next I had to place all my goodies in it and here is a pic of it with all that stuff you seen spread out on the table:D

I have all my supplies there at my reach and the vise just flips up into position and tuck backs away when I'm done. I have been using it for about a year or more now and it work great. I do have some new idea if I decide to build any others. I hope that maybe this will give some of you ideas as well. I actually made 2 cases and give one to my good buddy Mo'nBack there is a pic of the 2 cases:

He and I have considered making up some of these Jig Cases and supply just what one would need to get started. We are going to check into what it would cost to set-up the complete deal and we may have a few for sale in the future if there is any market for it.
    I sure would like to hear any comments, ( good or bad ) or any suggestions or ideas any of you may have to add.
    I think this is a good forum and a great place for a beginner to get started or for a veteran to learn new ideas. I hope to post more soon!:D

Oh yes, I did tie a few jigs too:D here is a few pics:
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Magic Box

Great idea and concept. They make a fly tying table that the trout guys use that is awesome. Maybe if you combined the best things of the two, you would have a hit on your hands, not saying that there is anything wrong with what you have built already. Here's a idea..a place to fasten your vise besides your kitchen table, like on the box itself. If you built it so it was toward the back of the box itself, you could rest your elbows on the front of the box and save some of your shoulders and back...lol. On the fly tying table I mentioned before it has a drop in the surface to catch all your trash and clippings. I always thought that was a good idea. A place to hold the head cement jar, cause lord know's I have knocked a few over in my day. That is just a few of the things that come to mind. I really like your box but I would need one as big as Davey Jones Locker to put all my stuff in...lol. I have filing cabinets full of feathers and hair...lol. BUT I KEEP EVERYTHING...:D

Post Thanks / Like

very nice boxes, put me on the list. I wish I could make something like that but just dont have the wood skills.. really, let me know if you decide to start offering them.

Post Thanks / Like

That is one sweet setup. I could use something like that. if you ever get to making them with all the goodies you need to get started with i would buy one in a heart beat

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea, and good woodworking. That would be great for traveling.
    1967/68

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a very neat concept you have with your "JIGACASE"

I used to tie on the kitchen table and it looked like yours. Now I tie on the back porch just so I don't have all the mess in the house. Nice idea.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 06-04-2009 at 07:37 PM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Looking cases! I think you can sell them and maybe since you seem to be good at wood working you could add a hackle cabinet to the choices. They make them now, but no reason you could also make some.

Good Job,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thankyou all for the boast of confidence, and I will keep each of you in mind once we get the specifics worked out. Ship I like the jigacase idea catchy phrase:D Who knows what may come of it, would be neat to have a product out there of my own:D ..For now I will work on improvements to the idea and soon maybe we can get a few into circulation :D
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TreeFrog
    Thankyou all for the boast of confidence, and I will keep each of you in mind once we get the specifics worked out. Ship I like the jigacase idea catchy phrase:D Who knows what may come of it, would be neat to have a product out there of my own:D ..For now I will work on improvements to the idea and soon maybe we can get a few into circulation :D

Treefrog,

YOUR dreams come true only if you believe in them enough and pursue them with all your heart and nerve and sinue. Good luck. You are well on the way to success because you took that first step. Now go for it!
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking case and nice looking flies! Nice job!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast