Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where to go?

concreteman Guest

Smile Where to go?

Hello, I'm new to the site and was wandering if you guys could help me out. We are in the process of trying to plan a spring break vacation with the kids,I was hoping to get some information on where to go to catch some nice crappie and where they might be close to spawning.We was thinking maybe Texas,but would consider another state.Has any fished lake fork around mid march before and if so any suggestions?I've only fished out of missouri one time and that was at reelfoot and it was so windy you needed a barge to stay afloat.Thanks for all the usefull information you guys provide on the site!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by concreteman
    Hello, I'm new to the site and was wandering if you guys could help me out. We are in the process of trying to plan a spring break vacation with the kids,I was hoping to get some information on where to go to catch some nice crappie and where they might be close to spawning.We was thinking maybe Texas,but would consider another state.Has any fished lake fork around mid march before and if so any suggestions?I've only fished out of missouri one time and that was at reelfoot and it was so windy you needed a barge to stay afloat.Thanks for all the usefull information you guys provide on the site!!!

Hello, concreteman........Welcome to crappie.com. Arkansas has some fantastic lakes for crappie. Contact Jerry Blake at www.actionfishingtrips.com . He will show you a good time and some awesome crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

CONCRETEMAN-YOU MIGHT LOOK INTO TENNESSE-GOOD CRAPPIE FISHING ALL OVER THE STATE! I LIVE HERE ON DALE HOLLOW[retired from concrete business] and the fishin is pretty good!!CRAPPIE,SMALLMOUTH HEAVEN,KY BASS--IF IT SWIMS WE GOT IT!! GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!DENNIS
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Labill, if you want the kids to have a great crappie fishing trip and to learn somthing take them with Jerry Blake on Lake Greeson! Great scenery, great guide and great fish! check out his web site.

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tenn. North Alabama, Miss

These states have all great fishing lakes. My buddy and I guide here on several different lakes. Cedar, Little Bear, Pickwick, and Wilson lakes off the tenn. river. April is usally the best month here during the spawn. We catch a lot of limits that month. Our favorite lake is Cedar.A deep lake that has standing timbre, large bluffs, and very few houses and boat docks. A very pristine lake. But, any of the guys on this site could help you out.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

kerr lake in va has some nice crappie fishing year arround.it is 40,000 acres of nothing but fishing heaven.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky Lake is a good bet

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=4730

Williams Guide Service
    731-644-3793

Post Thanks / Like

Concreteman, I think you made a good decision by thinking about crappie fishing Texas. You can click on Texas Fishing Reports and find all the info you want. The Guides are very nice and helpful. I think you will amazed at the size of the catches here!

Post Thanks / Like

Florida? Okeechobee, stickmarch13, kissimme river (good for swanie atleast) let along the hundreds of lakes relativly close to disney, the nearest lake to the orlando BPS hs 5 rental boats owned by BPS, nice new trackers with depther finders and trolling motors and only $15 a day rental and the best part is those 5 boats are the only ones allowed on the lake so you get complete peace.