Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: nibbles

Post Thanks / Like

Default nibbles

Has anybody had any good success with the new crappie nibbles through the ice? Just thought I'd ask. Am thinking about tipping a small jighead and sassy shad plastic with one. Thanks for any who reply.

REDNECK

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redneck steel
    Has anybody had any good success with the new crappie nibbles through the ice? Just thought I'd ask. Am thinking about tipping a small jighead and sassy shad plastic with one. Thanks for any who reply.

REDNECK
    They work better when the water is warmer. I've tried them with no success ice fishing but they worked in the same area up untill a week before ice up. It seemed as the water temps got below 40, they stopped hitting them. They would still hit a lively minnow but wouldn't touch the nibble. Has anyone else noticed this. Try fish formula or baitmate. They work good in cold water.

Post Thanks / Like

The nibbles may not dissolve as fast in colder water. They must release a scent to be effective IMHO. All Chemical reactions occur faster in warmer conditions. And water is more reative and dissolved things faster under warmer conditions. This is why we wash our Whites in HOT WATER. LOL

Try tipping the small jigs with a bee moth. Contact Grubo Baits to obtain live bait for your fishing adventures. Weezer can tell you how to get in contact with the Grubo Bait man.

BTW Weezer is Richard Williams of KY Lake Fame LOL

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    They work better when the water is warmer. I've tried them with no success ice fishing but they worked in the same area up untill a week before ice up. It seemed as the water temps got below 40, they stopped hitting them. They would still hit a lively minnow but wouldn't touch the nibble. Has anyone else noticed this. Try fish formula or baitmate. They work good in cold water.
    Regards,

Moose1am