Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Hill in the winter?!

jr_ece Guest

Question Thomas Hill in the winter?!

Anyone fish Thomas Hill this time of year? I have not been on the lake with a boat in several years. I was thinking of fishing the warm water arm in a few weeks when I was in the area if it is possible.

Any thoughts?

JR

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to crappie.com....i've never fished it but would like to if you try it keep us posted.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure but I think they have closed the warm water arm down for fishing.

jr_ece Guest

Hmmm. I hadn't heard that. I'll have to check into it. I might have to look around for something else.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There is still good fishing with out being in the discharge arm.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a channel that goes out from the warm water arm that they used to jig fish close to the bottom.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a map of brushpiles last year of Thomas Hill but have'nt got to use it yet. A friend at work went last winter and really slayed them, I think around that warm water off brush piles. I heard it really gets windy fast up there. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by osagemo
    I ordered a map of brushpiles last year of Thomas Hill but have'nt got to use it yet. A friend at work went last winter and really slayed them, I think around that warm water off brush piles. I heard it really gets windy fast up there. Dave
    I can't remember what the site is but if you search, you can get the coordinates off the MDC website.
    Mike

jr_ece Guest

Default Not much time

I haven't had as much time as I thought to try out TH when in the area. I still appreciate all of the help and did manage a little info on the brush around the warm water arm. It looks like I will definitely need a boat to fish it right. I don't believe the discharge arm is closed to boats, but from what I can tell you don't really need to go up it (as already stated here) to catch fish as the warm water arm (area that the discharge arm drains into) has good fishing areas. The plant is actually running, so there should be an increase flow rate from the discharge arm at the moment.

I am still looking for info on catching crappie from the rocks at hwy T. Most of the time I will not have a boat available when in the TH area and this sounds promising.

Post Thanks / Like

hi i fish thomas hill quite a bit in the wintertime. fishing is usually pretty good. this weekend my buddy and i only got 14 on saturday and 19 on sunday which is pretty slow there. not sure what our problem was. a lot of people fish rt. t off the rocks in the spring, but i havent tried that. im always in a boat. good luck when you go, right now most crappie are running about 9 to 12 inches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast