Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tightlining/trolling question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tightlining/trolling question

I like to troll at my favorite lake with two 1/8th kalins triple threats. I generally troll at about .7-.9 mph. I catch a few most everytime I go out. I put two lures on and anywhere from a 3/8 to 3/4 weight on the bottom of the line to keep the line angle going more straight down into the water vise drifting way back behind the boat(tightlining).

My question is what kind of rigs do you guys/gals use like this and what do you find to be the speed that you most often fish at?

I am not looking to be referenced to an article on this because I have probably already read it. I am really looking for "It is November and my current setup I am using like his is ??????? and I am fishing about this fast?"

Post Thanks / Like

I troll from .7 to 1 mile per hour. use one jig ( 1/8 or 1/12 ) per line with 40 or 50 feet of line out ( 4 test pound line ) Usually 8 to 12 rods at a time. Troll the creek channel from 20 feet to 12 feet. Works real good for me if fish are suspended. I also sprider rig off the front when they are thight to cover. One or the other works most of the time.