Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 797csi transducer mount

Post Thanks / Like

Default 797csi transducer mount

I am considering putting a 797 on my 07 Charger. It has 3 steps, one at the very bottom where the drain plug is, one above that where the pump outlets/inlets are located and the one above that where my temp. guage sensors are located. I am not too concerned about high speed operation because I will also have my Lowrance unit mounted next to the 797 on the dash. The Lowrance has a transducer which is glassed in and shoots through the hull and operates great at high speed. Where would be the best place to mount the 797 transducer?

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of Charger boat do you have? I bought a Baycharger in 04 and love it. So easy and comfortable to fish out of and lots of storage.
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are only concerned about very slow speeds it look like the top one would be best (outboard as far as possible). Part of the signal may be blocked on the second. If you wanted it to work at high speeds it would have to go on the bottom.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boat49
    What kind of Charger boat do you have? I bought a Baycharger in 04 and love it. So easy and comfortable to fish out of and lots of storage.
    It is a 496. I love it. Takes the rough water at Lake of the Ozarks very well.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I would mount it to the jackplate, that way there is no worry about having to drill into the hull of the boat. I have mine mounted inside of it and it works good. You could mount it to the bottom of the skid plate on the jackplate.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea. I assume it works fine there.
    Mike