Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Re-doing the inside of a boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re-doing the inside of a boat?

The inside of my boat is showing wear, & I'm going to redo it.I've seen some stuff on the BPS web,http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...00-004-012,And was wondering if any of you has used it? I don't want carpet,So I'm open for advice.THANK'S

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuff Coat

Replaced a section of flooring this spring with 3/4in. exterior plywood & used Tuff Coat. Not slippery & no signs of wear. Leave my boat in the water uncovered 7 months a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Boat Central has a boat restoration forum that would probably be able to help you out. More than just bass boats are discussed there. Here's the link directly to the forum: http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentpole
    The inside of my boat is showing wear, & I'm going to redo it.I've seen some stuff on the BPS web,http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...00-004-012,And was wondering if any of you has used it? I don't want carpet,So I'm open for advice.THANK'S
    Mark I bet you would like that stuff.
    It may be the ticket. Let me know if you go with that. If so I may coat my 17'7" War-Eagle with it.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Tuff Coat from Cabelas as well. Good stuff, not slippery and has not shown wear yet. I have a 16ft boat, bought two gallons and had some left over. I had carpet over fiberglass. I pulled out what was left of the carpet and wet sanded it smooth. I put a coat of XIM primer ( found at most paint stores) down first then cut in around the edges with a chipping brush then rolled the rest on with a 1/2 nap roller. Be sure and wear gloves or you'll have to wear it off once it dries.

Post Thanks / Like

I replaced the floor in my boat and pulled all the carpet off the rest of the boat and used the tuff coat on every surface that you can walk on.It's been great so far and its not easily scuffed.seems like it will last for along time. If you use it I think you will be pleased with it.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Is your floor plywood or alum? If Plywood, I would replace it with seaboard, that way you NEVER have to change it again. While the floor is out, I would redo any wiring or move it from under the floor, check or replace fuel line if applicable. I would rethink my seat bases if I had my floor out. I would add more seatbases secured into the floor supports if I had my floor to replace. JMO. I don't think you have to paint the seaboard either. It comes in several colors. Non-skip. Expensive but think about the NEVER HAVING TO REPLACE IT AGAIN COST.