Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ocala Forrest

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ocala Forrest

Fished Lake Bryant today, minnows where all they would hit with only the smallest being caught on a roadrunner with a darkblue bodied grub with a triple ribbontail. I have only just started crappie fishing but got to spider rig for the first time today. I only used 3 rods in my holder and one in my hand with a roadrunner on the end I would jig and cast depending. We only caught 6 keepers but my wife caught a nice sized slab, her first ever. You should see the pic of the first bass she caught. It was a fat 18" (the bass) the crappie was nearly as big, 14" long and 10.5 gerth at fattest spot. If I can figure out how to post a pic I will post a pic of it for you speck peekers.

My wife is so nice she gave it away to an older lady friend within being home for 10 mins (aswell as all my dinner too may I add)

First pic if her fish second is her's eating one of mine : (
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Went back today and struck out completly, no one did well today it seemed. No one was happy at the lake except the nonfishing people. Tried everywhere and how I could but nothing but a lost fish each for me and my wife.

First half of the day there was no wind so that was not a problem, water was glass

I guess I'll hit lochloosa/orange lake next. Maybe wednesday or friday.