Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice day....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice day....

Thanks to Mr. Baker (Mike) for taking me out today on LOZ in his beautiful Charger and fishing the Glaize arm. We had a great time and caught a few, too.

Thankfully I have a great wife, too. We're down here for her birthday weekend and, when Mike called, she said "sure, go meet one of your Crappie.com buddies."

Thanks again, Mike -- it was a great time!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like it was a great day to be on the lake,,also happy b-d to the mrs.
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOZcrappie
    Thanks to Mr. Baker (Mike) for taking me out today on LOZ in his beautiful Charger and fishing the Glaize arm. We had a great time and caught a few, too.

Thankfully I have a great wife, too. We're down here for her birthday weekend and, when Mike called, she said "sure, go meet one of your Crappie.com buddies."

Thanks again, Mike -- it was a great time!
    Thanks for going Scott. It was a real pleasure meeting you. Enjoyed fishing with you and look forward to doing it again. Once again, today reinforces that the people on this site are good folks. (Also, go Tigers! GRRRRR!)
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr. baker
    Thanks for going Scott. It was a real pleasure meeting you. Enjoyed fishing with you and look forward to doing it again. Once again, today reinforces that the people on this site are good folks. (Also, go Tigers! GRRRRR!)
    Mike's OK other than this Tigers thing... Go Illini!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

What was the fishin like? details fella's.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Baker details man details.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mike can add to this, but...

We were on the small pattern -- the big ones were in hiding for the most part. Fished back in the State Park area and probably limited out on dinks. I actually think I caught a 4" crappie!

Mike caught a couple on the cranks and I did not, but I did appreciated learning a bit about it from him. Most of our fish were from vertical jigging but we really had to weed through them to get the keepers. We finished with 19. Mike ran a variety of colored jigs and I stuck with the white/chart SlabBuster.

We fished in water that was mostly 10-18 feet deep and just bumped in and around the brush with jigs and a nibble.

Oh, and I think we accidentally got a a duck on the brisk drive out to the State Park area first thing in the morning. That duck needed some coffee -- it wasn't moving fast enough for Mike's Charger.

But man does he have a boat -- lots of room, great electronics and very sharp looking. I was in tall cotton on that Charger.

How's that for details???:D
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

Post Thanks / Like

Good enuff.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Scott described our Sat. adventure pretty well. We caught a lot of fish but the big ones were hard to come by. Don't know why, but all the brush piles that had good fish on them in the past were occupied by small fish. What is up with that Bugs?

Went the other way Sun. morning. Went to the end of the Gravois and had the exact same results. Either no fish (big laydown log in front of the tennis court. Bugs knows where that is .) or a bunch of little ones. And I mean little, like 5".

The crank bait bite was virtually non-existant on both days. Did catch one good one on a jerkbait Sun. am but I think that was an accident.

Sure hope the conditions change soon.

Again, Scott, had a great time and look forward to fishing with you again. Better have some jerk baits on our next outing. Jerking time is near!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I wish i could tell you where the big-uns are at now Mike but i haven't been on loz for a while,if i were guessing i'd say main lake brush and docks is where i'd fish they seen to disappear from the upper Glaize for a while in the fall and i'd guess they do the same on the Gravois when the water temp gets down and stable in the 50's they'll be back,Did you guys try laydowns and shallow cuts?i usually find some fish (especially blacks) up shallow if there is some type of wood around some deeper water,i think the big fish move off the flats until the water temp gets a little more stable and move to the river channel or suspend shallow over deep water.....are you fishin this week?i'm gonna give the Gravois a shot later in the week.

www.simplycrappie.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast