Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trip recommendations

lcamp Guest

Default trip recommendations

Some high school friends and I want to start an annual spring crappie trip. We were thinking of going to Kentucky Lake. I live in NE Iowa so my hot time in the spring is a little later than Kentuckys. I would appreciate some recommendations as to when to go and resorts (with a marina or nearby). Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky Dam Marina, Eddy Creek, Moors Marina and camp ground, etc.... I would recomend that you contact some of the guides on the lakes. Check out KentuckyLake.com. I know you will find out a lot of info there. Lodging, boat rental, guide services etc. On the web site try to locate Old Guide, he is a real good guy. Tell him I sent you, maybe he will give you a good rate, it will be money well spent. A half a day with him and you will pro's the rest of your trip. THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

Default trip suggestions

I have fished both Kentucky and Barkley lakes for years. I prefer Barkley lake for crappie but I do think the fish run larger on Kentucky Lake. For someone new to the area I would suggest you concentrate on blood river and jonathan creek on kentucky lake. If fishing barkley i would suggest little river, prizer point marina and lake barkley state resort park. The best website for info is www.explorekentuckylake.com. There is all the info you could possibly need.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Info.

Quote Originally Posted by lcamp
    Some high school friends and I want to start an annual spring crappie trip. We were thinking of going to Kentucky Lake. I live in NE Iowa so my hot time in the spring is a little later than Kentuckys. I would appreciate some recommendations as to when to go and resorts (with a marina or nearby). Thanks.
    Hey, Contact Richard Williams, [email protected], or 1-731-336-3550 he is the best guide on Ky. Lake and a good guy.
    He will help you.

spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

Yep-Check Richard out!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Richard Williams is a good one on KY Lake. Come on down to Arkansas if you can. The website link is below with pictures of what we catch. Just find the time of year. There's three years worth of pics.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]