Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig colors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig colors

Anyone fish up towards Hayward area??? If so what color jigs work best in the Fall??

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...I do.Try your chartreus colored jigs first,than greens,and lastly orange,but with some flash.I would go with your smaller jigs sizes now till you find out what sizes they prefer,or how active they are.

Good luck.:D
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

I've lived in SC all my life but may be moving up there closer to my wife's family in Hayward in the next year or so. I've do some fishing but most of thime we only go up when the lakes are froze.

Post Thanks / Like

i caught this baby on the flowage up in hayward this past september. we were fishing over a crib pulling up a bunch of crappie, and then i pulled this up on my ultralight equipment:

caught him using a 1/32oz jig. orange head with white tail, black thread. i stuck with that same color combo the entire day (about 4 hours or so) and caught 20+ crappie. my hand-tied jigs did so well, they made the wall with the other lures that have hit the big time with walleye and northern!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, That tail looks tan though. Is it bucktail ?....Ive never been there, but my brother goes with his family for week every summer. This year I BORROWED him a small panfish tackle box with 1/64oz jig head and a few different color 1" twister tail, He came back bragging about how those twister tail work on everything. He told me he cought from sun fish to pike on those, Anyway...I guess he's keeping my box,never got it back.