Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wylie Stripers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wylie Stripers

I often go over to the Charlestonfishing.com board and there they have a link to S.C. freshwater fishing reports.

In that report they list the various S.C. lakes and what is biting.

For Lake Wylie they usually have a sentence about striped bass which usually indicates that it is good fishing. ARE THERE GOOD NUMBERS OF STRIPED BASS ON WYLIE??? Up until reading this, I have been told that there are no striped bass on Wylie.

I hope I can get out on Wylie for some slabs Saturday night. Have spent most of my time lately in salt.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear about and see pictures of stripers people say they caught out of Wylie, but there sure aren't any people traveling here to catch them.I think Ive seen the same report you did.It said they were being caught near the dam, or something of that nature.Good luck on wylie sat.Ill be out there myself, but be warned there is a bass tournement that lasts until 2:00am. Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

i think when they talking about catching stripers near the dam at wylie, they are talking about in the catawba river below the dam. theres some pretty nice fish caught down there. a friend of mine caught one that weighed 24 lbs on a bucktail fishing the fast water below the dam a few years ago.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...