Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a jig rod

Post Thanks / Like

Question Looking for a jig rod

Fellas help, I'm looking for a 10', 11', 12' jig rod with a reel seat (not 1 of those lil wyndie cheapos). Fredneck has put me on to jig fishing and I must truly admit I kinda like alot. I would like to hear your oppinions about weight, length, durability, and any recomendations that y'all might feel relevant.

Thanks
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have

i have a 9 foot sam heaton and a 7 foot wally marshall. Both serve me well. Heard a lot of good things about the new 10.5 russ bailey from b n m and ordered one yesterday to give it a shot.

my .02
    chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Check wally Marshalls Mighty Lite's. My opinion they are the Best out for the Money!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a 7' Wally and a 12' BnM, and I wouldn't trade the Wally for anything else at this time. I can feel my bait and know what it is doing better with the Wally. Plus the Wally has a price tag that is easier on your wallet. Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

The Wally Marshall's are very light and well-balanced.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig Rod

I prefer the B&M Buck's Graphite Jig Pole. I have tried Slater's and Bass Pro Uncle Buck's Deluxe. but the B&M has the most sensitivity of all . You can literally feel the fish breathe on the jig.

Aaron

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the B&M Buck's Graphite Jig Pole but am thinking about going back to a spinning reel instead of the baitcaster I put on there. I spent 36 Bucks at Wall Mart.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rods

I have about 6 Wally Marshalls, 2 Wally Marshalls Mighty Lite's, 2 B&M Buck's, 1 American Rod Smiths and 3 Fly rods and for me a #6 9' Fly rod is hard to bet.You can fish with a 9' Fly Rod all day they are so light.
    Let's go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS BOWERS
    Check wally Marshalls Mighty Lite's. My opinion they are the Best out for the Money!!
    I agree! Mighty lights are awesome. I would not waste money on anything besides wally marshall rods.

Post Thanks / Like

In my guide service I have used many different jig poles in all the lengths and always end up coming back to the BnM products. The 10' length seems to work best for me. Right now I'm using all Crappie Wizard rods for live bait slip float rigs. For tightlining jigs I use the Bucks or the UltraLite. BnM also makes a variety of other long poles that can fit your fishing style. I would never put down or say anything bad about any other rod maker because there are so many good ones out there. But when you put out and use rods most every day like I do you learn what lasts the longest and feels the best to accomplish your primary goal -- get that thump and land that slab.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast