Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Making condos wasnt as easy as I thought

Post Thanks / Like

Default Making condos wasnt as easy as I thought

Well went to the lake today to make some condos. This was my first time so I wasnt that preparred. Due to the ice that formed last night on the lake I didnt take my supplies to a remote building location by boat just made them near shore. A few things I noticed that would be helpful for a first timer that i didnt try was....Definitely use the 4 rebar pieces with rope tied around to keep your bucket from tipping over. Very level surface to build on also wouldnt hurt. Last I would def use the bungees to strap a few branches to near by trees for stability.

A few questions I had for the board... Do you usually use about 12 stalks in each bucket, or more or less? Any other helpful little tid bits that make the process run smoother would also be appreciated

Altogether my first try was ok. I didnt sink anything yet just made them

P.S Ive read the crappie condo article numerous times so I know I can refer to that, just looking for others know how, and how you make the process easier

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have rebar when I made the first few so I just cut some bamboo 3' and drove them instead of rebar. worked fine and I still use the same ones when I make them now. I couldn't mix the cement well in the buckets so I use a wheelbarow(sp). also since I use the WB I place my bamboo in the bucket and put the cement on top of it. this makes a little pile on top of the crossing bamboo. I mix it like the bag says since the bamboo is already in place and I don't have to work it in the mix. I live a few miles from 6 boat ramps on 3 lakes so I make them at home load them in the boat and launch it loaded 3 is a load for me and I should only take 2 but it works so far. I look like a bamboo island moving on the water. I love the condos. They work and to me are much less work and last longer than cedar trees/christmas trees. I use the bamboo stalks for stake beds too. Just cut them how you want them.
    Good luck.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson