Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: PanMan

Post Thanks / Like

Default PanMan

Havent heard ya talk of beaverdam creek recently? I have been wanting to check it out , think anything is happening there yet?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been there in a few weeks. Things are getting busy at work and my sons are in to the spring soccer season full force, so my fishing time will be cut way back for a while. Murphy usually gets me every year around this time. This year, I'll be on travel 4 of the next 8 weeks. Three weeks at Kennedy Space Center overseeing tests on the bolts that secure the shuttle stack to the mobile launch platform and one week at Johnson Space Center talking with the spacesuit folks about what it will take to modify the current spacesuit inner cooling garment for use on Mars. At least the trips are one week away and one week home. I'll need to make some time betwen analyzing test data sets while I'm home to go fishing.

Most of the northern end at Beaverdam is fairly shallow. The paper reported a temperature of 47.5 at the route 616 boat dock with crappie holding on wood cover last week. There are 8 or 9 marked fish attractors around the reservior.

If things work out well tomorrow, I may go up there and see what is going on. It was right about this time last year when I found a school holding in a little pocket near the bank in 4 feet of water (the channel is only 5-6 feet in this area). It is a shady spot adjacent to a small point with large stump fields on either side. Sound like they were staging for the spwan? I caught fish until I thought my arm was going to fall off. All were between 10" and 11" long.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award