Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: questions about Ifinder H2O

Post Thanks / Like

Default questions about Ifinder H2O

1. Has anyone used the Navionics Premium Maps on this handheld. Does it work ok?

2. When using the plotter screen, how do you stop the trail from flashing on and off? It gets on my nerves!

3. When I am "creeping" up to a waypoint with a spiderrig, it seems to jump around alot. My old lowrance (pre wass) did not do this as I was fishing from waypoint to waypoint on a ledge.

Post Thanks / Like

I found the answer to #2. Da, read the instructions.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used Navionics maps but I use Fishing Hot Spots Elite and that works very well. Just put it in and it automatically loads.

For the jumping around find the option "track smoothing" and make sure it has a check by it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiecrazy
    1. Has anyone used the Navionics Premium Maps on this handheld. Does it work ok?

2. When using the plotter screen, how do you stop the trail from flashing on and off? It gets on my nerves!

3. When I am "creeping" up to a waypoint with a spiderrig, it seems to jump around alot. My old lowrance (pre wass) did not do this as I was fishing from waypoint to waypoint on a ledge.
    Jumps around cause you ain't going fast enough to keep it happy. It is wanting you to do something, like move faster. Mine does this too. Some gps units don't display the jumping around , but, they (gps) don't know where they are at either (if you are going too slow). Not much accuracy below 2.5 mph for any gps that we can get our hand on.

If I get elected president, I will pork barrel GBAS for all major lakes. Then we will have inches of accuracy. My campaign pledge here. :D
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. Gone fishin for a few days!

Post Thanks / Like

I've used both the navionics and hotspots and think the hotspots is better. Use track smoothing. I've got a H2Oc and a 522c and have not had any trouble with either one.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I haven't used Navionics maps but I use Fishing Hot Spots Elite and that works very well. Just put it in and it automatically loads.

For the jumping around find the option "track smoothing" and make sure it has a check by it.
    Mine don't have that option. Covering their tracks eh!!!!!!:D
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"