Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish are shallow on Beaver!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish are shallow on Beaver!

Is everyone else that fishes Beaver finding the large crappie shallow now? My last trip out yesterday produced 30 keepers and 10 over a pound and a half!
    It's about time! How is everyone else doing on Beaver? I will be out again tommorow and probably everyday next week with the exception of Monday. There is a crappie tournament out of Hickory Creek on the 19th if any one is interested from 7:00 till 3:00. 15 largest crappie wins, $25.00 entry per boat.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

what is the water temp it is still kind of cool up was in north east kansas 42 was the warmest i could find. It is suppose to be in the 70s sun. That should change things a little bit i hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C.
    what is the water temp it is still kind of cool up was in north east kansas 42 was the warmest i could find. It is suppose to be in the 70s sun. That should change things a little bit i hope.
    The average water temp has been 49 degrees, but I have found a few areas around 51 degrees.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Two weeks ago I fished Beaver, not the main lake, but a spot off of it.

Other then being like Grand Central Station, me and 3 others did good trolling green/black tube baits at 8-10 feet.

Like I said it was two weeks ago. We caught 70 fish all together, about 15 of those were white bass. The rest were crappie, mostly of the 7-9 inch range. We ended up with only 8 keepers, but one was a slab. We caught it on a flat.

The fish finder then, showed the water temp to be 50-53 degrees.

The water temps are perfect, and if you can find the fish, they will hit your lure.
    πνεύμα γέμισα