Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Newby

Post Thanks / Like

Post Newby

I'm new to this site and just wanted to say that I've already found it extremely helpful. I wish I would've found it sooner! Being new, I'll probably go a little post crazy at the beginning. I really enjoy reading everyone's post.

I live in northwest indiana and I generally fish the chain of lakes in Valparaiso and Bass Lake near North Judson with a trip or two down to my uncles place at Patoka. I'm not finding the crappie at these lakes (note the earlier post about Patoka). Bass Lake has a good reputation, to my knowledge, for having a good number of crappie. I can regularly catch catfish, largemouth bass, white bass and even walleye, but very rarely can I find the crappie. Any thoughts or tips?
    I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hanksta400
    I'm new to this site and just wanted to say that I've already found it extremely helpful. I wish I would've found it sooner! Being new, I'll probably go a little post crazy at the beginning. I really enjoy reading everyone's post.

I live in northwest indiana and I generally fish the chain of lakes in Valparaiso and Bass Lake near North Judson with a trip or two down to my uncles place at Patoka. I'm not finding the crappie at these lakes (note the earlier post about Patoka). Bass Lake has a good reputation, to my knowledge, for having a good number of crappie. I can regularly catch catfish, largemouth bass, white bass and even walleye, but very rarely can I find the crappie. Any thoughts or tips?
    I know what you mean....this site is fantastic!!!

One thing, and I sure don't mean for this to sound rude at all....because it was the best thing I could have done to better myself as a crappie fisherman....

I would recommend first trying to get a book...maybe the one by In-Fisherman called, "Crappie Wisdom" or something like that to start to understand what crappie do in certain seasons and circumstances to better help you understand where and why you look for them in a particular place....that way your knowledge will not be limited to a particular lake....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>