Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: It's that time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile It's that time of year.

It's the first weekend of March and I sure can use a Good Pole Jerking right about now. Has anybody fished the Pot Holes, Moses or Ohop yet? I'm going to fish Trout, Ohop and Sammamish this weekend. I'll let you guys know the outcome.
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CajunChris1
    It's the first weekend of March and I sure can use a Good Pole Jerking right about now. Has anybody fished the Pot Holes, Moses or Ohop yet? I'm going to fish Trout, Ohop and Sammamish this weekend. I'll let you guys know the outcome.
    Haven't seen you around lately. I thought I'd missed your wake.. ...... :D

I've tried Union twice over the past few weeks and only hooked into perch and the old faithful bullhead. The bass are moving closer to shore on L. Washington but it can get tuff at times. On the last trip with my dad we only got five smallmouths between the two of us and it took 5 hours to do that lol.

The best reports of crappie being cought are coming from the Powder River and Silver Lake in the canals. I sure hope this weather keeps because the fish should really turn on soon. We're supposed to see temps around 70 next week. Good luck out there this weekend the weather should be perfect.
    Last edited by SlabKing; 03-04-2005 at 02:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This 6.2lb largemouth was pulled from Silver last weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow look at that..Thats why I never find time to fish for crappie anymore.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

All the fish that I caught were caught tightlining with a 1/4 to 1/2 once bell sinker, Then two feet up you place your first jig and place another a foot and a half above that one.I would just drift around with the wind and guide direct myself with the trolling motor. If you think that you migh go down let me know. Here is a Map for ya.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Me and a Buddy of mine are heading out to Lake Sammamish as I type this. Slab you want to hit Silver in the morning(sunday). Give me a call.......
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

let us know how Sammamisah goes!
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

I hit cassidy yesterday and hooked 1 bass and got 2 other good hits.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Sammamish on Sat. from 6:45 till noon. No hits, no runs, and no errors. Not a nibble, not a bite. It was a really nice day to be on the water so i won't complain. Mr Charlie (fishfinder) showed a lot of fish at 32 ft. stacked up. The water temp was about 47, so maybe a few more weeks. Went to Ohop sunday morning and the gate was locked. Haven't had a chance to find out why. Left there and headed down to Silver Lake. We got there kind of late but still walked away with a few keeper crappie. And a ton of throw bag perch. The people that got there early caught lots of slabs. We fished the canal and the word is out because we had lots of company. I was happy just to get my pole jerked.
    "GET THE NET!!"

Post Thanks / Like

They change the season on Ohop every 5 years or so. It opens the last week of April now I believe....have to check the regs. Good to hear that you got a few out of Silver though. Sometimes you can't keep those perch off your line down there.