Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: High Viz Line: A Follow-Up

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Viz Line: A Follow-Up

Well, with the help of others, I did finally find the WM High Viz Yellow line on the BPS website. But when I read the advertisement, it said, "For dawn, dusk, & night fishing." I will be doing most of my fishing during daytime in clear water. Is the high-viz line going to take away from my fish-catching?

If so, I also found some Berkley "Vanish Trasnsition" line. It's gold in the sunlight, but it's supposed to disappear under water. But it's pretty expensive. A LOT more expensive than the Mr Crappie High Viz. The Mr Crappie is around $5 for 3100 yards & the Berkley is $12 for 240 yards.

Has anyone used this line? What do you guys use? And in what color to be able to detect subtle strikes?

Tugaloo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tugaloo
    Well, with the help of others, I did finally find the WM High Viz Yellow line on the BPS website. But when I read the advertisement, it said, "For dawn, dusk, & night fishing." I will be doing most of my fishing during daytime in clear water. Is the high-viz line going to take away from my fish-catching?

If so, I also found some Berkley "Vanish Trasnsition" line. It's gold in the sunlight, but it's supposed to disappear under water. But it's pretty expensive. A LOT more expensive than the Mr Crappie High Viz. The Mr Crappie is around $5 for 3100 yards & the Berkley is $12 for 240 yards.

Has anyone used this line? What do you guys use? And in what color to be able to detect subtle strikes?

Tugaloo
    I've been using the Wally M Hi-viz for a couple of years and love it. I mainly fish during the daylight hours and it works fine. With less than perfect eyesight it is very easy to see in all light conditions. The price is right this year at $4.99 a spool. Two years ago it was $6.99. I've spooled all six of my crappie rods with it and will agains this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the WM high-viz 6lb throughout the summer time and at night time and have never had a problem catching crappie and nice crappie. Personally i think the only time you might possibly have to worry would be if the water was super clear, but here in central oklahoma we never have that problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Stren Gold line and don't have a problem fishing in the daylight in any color of water and I seem to do well . Maybe I'm getting lucky but I like it and can see it
    See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

I Fish Mainly In The Daytime And Have Never Had Any Problems With Hi-vis Line.it And Cajun Line Are About All I Use[only Way I Can See My Line]! Good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS BOWERS
    I Fish Mainly In The Daytime And Have Never Had Any Problems With Hi-vis Line.it And Cajun Line Are About All I Use[only Way I Can See My Line]! Good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis
    That is good information, I have thought about trying some Hi-Vis line and just didn't have the confidence that the fish wouldn't see it, but y'all have made me feel better about it.

Thanks - GABoy
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I used the HV line for the 1st time last year and liked it! This year just to try something new I got a spool of that Transition to try. Now all we need is a little warmer weather.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Hi vis line but I tie a 4 to 8 foot section of florocarbon (sp) with a blood knot as a leader and it works for me.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Stren Gold

Switched to HI-VIS Line last year. It has increased the catch because I can see the line in most all light conditions. It is certainly more comfortable to fish
    when you can see the line well.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

After fishing with Jerry Blake, I am sold on the hi-vis line.
    I tried the Berkley Iron Silk. The line on the spool is fine, but the line threaded on the rod breaks easily.
    Going to try the wm line.
    There are times that I believe the chart. colored lines actually draw more strikes. Any one else have this experience?

Steve