Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: St, Johns/Astor

Post Thanks / Like

Default St, Johns/Astor

I'm coming down to do some crappie fishing march 21's on the river south of Astor. What should I bring? Can you troll for crappie in the river? I'd like to hear some reports to, thanks JC

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie

its been slow up north of there. Hope it turns on later this mo.yes you can troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCsHOOK
    I'm coming down to do some crappie fishing march 21's on the river south of Astor. What should I bring? Can you troll for crappie in the river? I'd like to hear some reports to, thanks JC

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be fishing the St. Johns south of Astor and Lake Dexter. How slow do u troll for crappie and what do you use? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake woodruff

Way too much traffic on the st. johns go across dexter through tick creek and hit woodruff. very large specks being caught in it trolling . try tipping jigs white,chartruse or green with small minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so if I go to lake Woodruff and troll should I start in the open water or troll along the shore? Should I put any weight on the line to take the jig down or just pull the jig? How heavy of a jig would you use to start out? One more question, do you guys ever use planer boards to get the lines out away from the boat? Thanks alot JC

Post Thanks / Like

RIGHT OUT FROM TICK CREEK THERES ALOT OF THEM LITTLE PADS WITH THE STRINGY ROOT(HATE THEM THINGS) BUT ONCE YOU GET OUT ALITTLE THERE GONE. ANYWAY I START IN THE MIDDLE AND WORK MY WAY TO THE EDGE WHERE I CAN ( HAD REALLY GOOD CATCHES TO THE LEFT). i LIKE TO TIGHTLINE UP FRONT AND TROLL IN BACK WHICH EVER WORKS THATS WHAT I USE. ALSO TICK CREEK IS A VERY GOOD PLACE TO LOOK FOR BIG ONES.